JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I heard Colt is no longer selling rifles to the civilian market. I guess my colt just increased in value.

Have had one since August 14, 1994-- thirty days before that asinine Sick Willy Klantoon ban took effect. Paid $1395 for it, plus tax of about a hundred bucks. Such a wonderful thing there are so many other ways for an American to secure a Black Rifle. PSA makes fine stripped and assembled lowers. Windham Weaponry makes fine rifles. Spikes Tactical. Daniel Defense for those with money. Les Baer. So many more. For me, Colt will not be missed. I see no reason to pay several hundred more dollars for an assembled wheppin when I can put one together myself and enjoy the process. And let us not forget all the neato little add-on parts you can pin onto an AR. I add seven or eight little upgrades, just to make mine a little different than the one three benches down the firing line.

Last Edited:
Well Ive got MY Colts, and there are a myriad of other makers on the market just as good... Windham being one in my personal experience. Or the pre-Windham Bushies... I mean, seriously, as with the ever-popular 1911 pistols, who really needs COLT, per se?
Anyway, Colt almost cut it's own throat as the AR15 is the most popular civilian sporting rifle on the US market today. So it only took Colt 6-7 months to realise it's mistake and begin selling to the civilian market again. With the FN rifle on the market, who wants a Colt anyway? ;)

Last Edited:
I have had several black rifles, never a Colt. A buddy of mine bought one and had it for almost a year then his dad paid a premium for it and it changed closets.
Me,, I own a Armalite AR10. One of those bucket list guns. This one I keep..

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top