JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a quart of PRI-G Fuel Stabilizer. This product is similar in nature to Sta-Bil, except it is far more concentrated, (1 quart treats 512 gallons of gasoline). It is also much more expensive. I live in a hot desert climate, (Lake Havasu City), where Summertime temperatures can easily get above 115 F. My garage is evaporator cooled, but on the hottest of days it can still get up to 90 F inside. Especially if I park a couple of hot cars in it.

A quart of this stuff is going to last me several years, because I only treat my power equipment with it. (Power Washer, Generator, Power Blower, Chainsaw, Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer). And those aren't used on a daily basis. Hence using the PRI-G to keep the gas in them treated so it won't go bad.

My question is would it be better to store this PRI-G Fuel Treatment in a small fridge, instead of on the shelf in a hot garage? I can't help but think it would be, but I'm not a chemist. I know it's bad to refrigerate some types of medications. We have this idea that cooler storage is better. And in many cases it is. I just wondered if anyone out there has any first hand knowledge of the best way to store these type of products. I tried to reach out to the company who manufacturers it, (Power Research Incorporated). But they want you to join Facebook, and give them a bunch of personal information before you can E-Mail them.

Here is what I found:

Q. Does PRI have a shelf life?
A. PRI has an indefinite shelf life when sealed but should be used within three years once opened. Always store PRI in a cool place out of direct sunlight.

I would venture that cooler would be better. Havasu can get really toasty. I spent a year up there wiring two grade schools. The one thing I found by looking up the manufacturer is they seem to be in texas. But when you go and try and find a web page for the mfg the result is berkley water.

"

• Super concentrated fuel treatment that improves any type of gasoline, enabling it to perform at maximum potential when needed for a disaster or emergency
  • Provides fuel economy- 8% to 15%
  • Improves power output, boosts engine performance and prevents carbon build-up
  • Reduces HC and NOx emissions
  • Applying a small amount of PRI-G to fuel at the time of storing ensures that the fuel will remain refinery fresh and stable for months; With periodic re-treating of the fuel, it will remain fresh indefinitely
  • 16 ounce bottle treats 256 gallons
  • 32 ounce bottle treats 512 gallons
  • Unopened bottles of this product have indefinite shelf life; once opened, shelf life is 3 years"
I am no chemist, claims on emissions and gas milage tend to make me think snake oil.
I really like the claim of indefinitely...... No list of materials, no test reports.

Just my opinion, hope it does the job for you.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top