JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some folks like the taste while others are put off. When I lived in Costa Rica for ten years, I liked the taste from young coconuts and would make a smoothie out of matured nuts. Coconut juice is 95% water and refreshing on hot, humid days because they contain sodium and potassium. The taste of canned water or juice varies from disgusting to yummy depending on the brand. Use your two cans in a smoothie and enjoy.

I'm not much of a fan myself unless it's straight from a coconut. I know it's used in a lot of asian dishes, maybe find a good recipe.

Still have the two cans. I spent twelve days on a team truck running from Sparks, NV to Salt Lake City. What a nightmare! Would be nice if coconut milk eased soreness and stiffness in the muscles and joints...

Did it come in a can? Is the brand MAE PLOY?
Yes, the stuff comes in a can; brand name is Azul. I got it for $1/can at Dollar Tree. I drank some the other day. It wasn't sweet, but it was certainly drinkable. It really didn't have much of a coconut taste as we all know and love the taste of shredded coconut in an Almond Joy or a Mounds candy bar. If the choice was to drink coconut milk or something less tasty (but still potable) in order to stay alive, I'd drink the coconut milk. I doubt I'll buy any more of the stuff. I can't think of any use for it other than to just drink it. I doubt it can be used as a substitute for cow's milk when making mac & cheese; maybe CAMPMEAT can enlighten me. Would like to know...

Yes, the stuff comes in a can; brand name is Azul. I got it for $1/can at Dollar Tree. I drank some the other day. It wasn't sweet, but it was certainly drinkable. It really didn't have much of a coconut taste as we all know and love the taste of shredded coconut in an Almond Joy or a Mounds candy bar. If the choice was to drink coconut milk or something less tasty (but still potable) in order to stay alive, I'd drink the coconut milk. I doubt I'll buy any more of the stuff. I can't think of any use for it other than to just drink it. I doubt it can be used as a substitute for cow's milk when making mac & cheese; maybe CAMPMEAT can enlighten me. Would like to know...

I use it ONLY for making Thai Curried Chicken. I actually use Coconut Cream milk more. It's thick and very good for cooking.. How's that for a Sunday enlightenment ?

How's that for a Sunday enlightenment?
Any little tidbit of knowledge is worth something in some way, so I have been enlightened. It's the people who refuse to learn anything new who present problems for the rest of the world. "We've always done it that way" does not apply for all situations in these modern times. It's true that we need to cling to traditions and societal mores but if there is a new way to do something that is an improvement over the previous, we should investigate. If we don't, we'll be stuck with 20th Century methods as time and need moves us into the future. Look at Japan; they not only keep-up with modern technology, they create new technologies. We do not do that all too much in America. The reason we lag behind Japan is because we look ten minutes into the future while Japan looks 100 years into the future...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top