JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or, my intent to tell 35,000 followers of my web page, about how none of them in Arizona answer the phone.

I want a CA Ridgeline in 30-06 , shouldn't be hard right? Except Ive called 7 dealers, listed on the Christensen page and no answer or no return call from a message.

Now I know when I'm so rich running a business , I'm sure Ill just blow off a customer and it wont effect my bottom line at all.

Or maybe when 35,000 people get a notification in their email about a post I did, they might notice just a bit

Sorry for the rant, sick of trying to give people money and getting ignored

If you are willing to invest that kind of money in a rifle, why not go with another quality manufacturer who WILL show you the respect you want as their customer?

What is it that you think you can get from them in their product that would warrant the trouble you seem to be having now, and likely so down the road if something need to be addressed by the gun maker?

I was just frustrated. Seems like lately gun shops are bubbleguming because of the Trump slump , but when someone has money to spend, and aren't regular customers they don't want to answer messages

I like Christensen rifles, shot them, carried one for a little while too. I'm not faulting CA, they returned my email on a Saturday. Its their network that's the problem.

No what I need to do is buy one online and bypass the local dealers who apparently don't need my money.

Theres a recurring issue with the last 2 generations in more fields than selling guns. They take customers for granted instead of taking the time to at least return a call. I just spent almost 2 hours on the phone with a holster maker trying to make his products better for the serious end user ( not the hobbiest) That's the kind of service that gets my money, and gets good reviews from me as well.

I understand most people who call shops are just fishing, that's fine. Don't list a shop number if you aren't going to take all the calls, not just the click that hangs around the store

Consider the reality of the times we live in. "Customer service" describes the minimum wage individual who runs your credit card at the register. "Fulfillment" describes the minimum wage individual who pulls your order from the internet and gives it to the individual at the end of the assembly line. Yes, forgot to add "minimum wage" individual doing the boxing and mailing of your order to your FFL. My point is, none of these individuals is empowered to do anything except their narrowly defined task.
Why does your selected manufacturer have only 7 dealers instead of 17, 27 or a hundred and 7? He's manufacturing a niche product in small quantities which is either of limited appeal, or impossible to produce in larger quantity given the capacity of output from the assembly line.
Your problem is exactly the same as another (admittedly not comparable) manufacturer named Kel Tec. The owner has long capped production of Sub2000 folding carbines, refusing all entreaties to expand his lines and get more of his weapons to clamoring buyers. His reason comes down to a refusal to expand using borrowed money. Try calling and leaving a message for any of his dealer "network" ... and get back to us.

My frustration is with dealers in Az, and not with Christensen. And if you are going to have yourself listed on the manufacturers website you should at least answer the phone when a customer calls

I like Scheels, I first saw a store in SD and I thought it was like Christmas in there

I like Scheels; I first saw a store in SD and I thought it was like Christmas in there.
I have a Scheels VISA card. I use it for everything, which causes the Reward Points to add-up quite rapidly. Lord only knows how many "reward dollars" I have earned by using the card since February 2011. I use the gift cards to buy a lot of reloading components, but the occasional scope or reloading accessory sneaks in there. Just last week I bought a Hornady Case Prep Duo for the $4.00 or so in sales tax. I had a $50 card and a $5 chit for customer appreciation. The Hornady thing was $55; I paid just the 7.51% sales tax. I felt like I stole the thing. The two tools unscrew, allowing the user to put any 8-32 threaded accessory on it. Saves a ton of time in chamfering the surfaces on a case that need it. Turns out the thread on my RCBS flash-hole uniformer is 8-32. It threads right into the driven sockets and chamfers the inside of the flash-hole in two shakes of a lamb's tail. I'm lovin' it!

case-prep-duo.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top