JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CTD's argument to refute the charges will be Supply & Demand. I'm no lawyer but it stands to reason that when things get sticky, people get itchy. They want something that the police can't supply, which is to be everywhere a crime might obtain. We as individual Americans must be ready to protect our single selves, our families and our homes. The first thing we want is a wheppin. Criminals have no morals; they will maim or kill whomever gets in their way. The best remedy for becoming a victim is to be ready for those who are violent and are totally lacking in remorse for what they do. The Framers knew that all men are not angels. That is why they codified the Second Amendment-- A Right bestowed upon us by God. Why in helsinki does our modern-day government not believe as did The Framers?

Free market (for now) and the farther we move from it the less value life will have.
Who gets to draw the line between what the market will bear, and gouging? Is selling grandfathers old gun for 3K that he paid fifteen for when something newer and similar can be had for 250, gouging?
I'd rather folks show due diligence then make their own decision and leave the litigation for when you are stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Suing because you don't like the prices or your kid fell out of my tree is just another way to steal or shirk your responsibilities.(in my mind)
Suing over this, for a free ride, or to prove some sort of moral superiority, is worse to me than gouging. No one is forced to buy, unlike the gouging we get from the government no one can avoid.
CTD has a reputation that is easy to assess from online banter. So whats the big deal. Do your homework and proceed accordingly.

I used CTD quite a bit in the distant past, but CTD has been dead to me since the Sandyhook circus and I've never looked at them since.

I used to get their catalogue in the mail, and I would always print "return to sender" on it (and they'd get stuck for the return postage too, LMAO!)... it took 3-4 times until they stopped sending them, then the email advertisements (BTW- with no "unsubscribe" option) I would reply back... "not a chance in hell, phuck off"... finally those stopped as well!

;)

Last Edited:
No live human being reads returned email messages, the server simply dumps them every few hours. The only way to get unwanted email stopped is to block their address in your email program. The computer is agnostic, and will just move on the the next 100 thousand messages per hour it sends.

No live human being reads returned email messages, the server simply dumps them every few hours. The only way to get unwanted email stopped is to block their address in your email program. The computer is agnostic, and will just move on the the next 100 thousand messages per hour it sends.

The details don't matter... it felt good to do it, and their spam stopped. ;)

My take is the suit is a good idea, as it will save some innocent newbies from getting scammed.

Those of us that know better, do better.

"Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me."

SR

For price gouging. Ha!

SR
So what else is new? I thought these clowns would have change their name after the 'shortage' a couple years ago. This isn't the first time these ripp offs have pulled this stuff but this crap has brought more of these companies to the front. One group was charging over $30.00 for 10 rounds of .308. All they got from me was going on my spam list.

The pret
Under what pretext will a lawsuit be brought?
Rolls Royce asks a half a million bucks for its cars.
Price shoppers are free to take a pass.
The Pretext,[and I don't know that it will work] is that the President of the United States of America has deemed Guns an Ammo to be necessary items. that gives them some protection against price gauging. also those suing are not just claiming a higher price. They are claiming that CTD cancelled their already processed order [ at the lower price] and then offered them the same item at the higher [Price Gouged] price. CTD has done this before. but without the POTUS's declaring ammo a necessity, they would not have a legal leg to stand on. I admit it is a pretty skinny leg, and maybe the point is just to cost CTD the amount in legal fee's that they have gouged the public .

Either way I put them and Dicks in the same category, No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

All CTD has to do is refund the money and say their wholesale price has gone up.. "take it or leave it". I agree it's a crappy move by the retailer but have you looked at the price being demanded for a two ply paper painter's mask on a strand of elastic? What were 79 cents are now 8 to 10 bucks a pair.
And it is really only just starting: Watch the next week to 10 days with the meat processing plants closing down. Hope you've got several pounds of hamburger in the freezer. It won't be available at any price.

Watch the next week to 10 days with the meat processing plants closing down.
When I drove raw milk in 2006 to 2008, there was a creamery that became infected with e coli. The creamery tried and tried to get that stuff out of its pipes but it never could, so that entire operation was shut-down and a processing plant worth umpteen millions was left to fall apart. The meat-processing plants are a little different in that it's the people who work there are infected, not the pipes, et cetera. But the virus may be on various surfaces with which contact with raw meat may obtain. It's a tough thing to say, but I'll betcha the tofu & arugula crowd are dam-ned happy that the meat plants are out of operation-- and the packers who worked there are out of jobs...

The meat packing places I have worked are designed to be pressure steam cleaned at least once a day. Did one in western Phoenix long ago. They used 4" white tile like you would for your bathroom on the floors and up the side walls to the ceiling. Then they grouted it with white grout. The FDA inspector showed up as I was finishing the water proof lights. He took a quart of India Ink and starting dropping on the floor or spraying it on the walls. Then we went outside for 30 minutes. Came back in and the pressure washer went to work. Seems if the gout stains the whole installation is done over. This one passed. Everything in the cutting rooms was stainless steel and pressure washed at 212 degrees every day. I have not visited any meat packing plants outside of Arizona. I just cannot get my brain around the idea that the plants can not be cleaned. Mcdonalds moves all of the stuff around every day so that the walls and floors can be washed. That is why you see all of the cords coming from the ceiling. Not like KFC where removal of equipment is a ticket to nausea. I spent several years installing commercial kitchens for a lot of different companies. Still will not eat at Churches or KFC.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top