JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just checked gunbot and there looks like a lot of steel available right now for right around what you paid. None of it a US brand. I reload and have not shot much 9 in a while. So the 1000 or so jacketed hollow points I have will keep me "warm and dry".

All CTD has to do is refund the money and say their wholesale price has gone up.. "take it or leave it". I agree it's a crappy move by the retailer but have you looked at the price being demanded for a two ply paper painter's mask on a strand of elastic? What were 79 cents are now 8 to 10 bucks a pair.
And it is really only just starting: Watch the next week to 10 days with the meat processing plants closing down. Hope you've got several pounds of hamburger in the freezer. It won't be available at any price.
And that is what CTD has done in the past. The complaint is that they have already sold it. just not delivered yet. They have no right to sell it again at a higher rate. But without the POTUS putting ammo in the same category as gas, and heating oil. It gives the consumer some protection! During an emergency suppliers can't price gouge. In my small corner of CA there are 4 cases of price gouging going through the courts now. Two involve face masks, and one more for selling bottled water at inflated prices.
I don't really care what happens to CTD, but I'm definitely cheering for the people on this one. anyone sticking it to CTD is a friend of mine! DR

There are plenty of other reputable sources for ammo. A couple of sites that come to mind are: Midway.com, ammunitiondepot.com, and PalmettoStateArmory.com. Any of them will beat CTD's prices on ammo.

Why are so many people afraid to just reload? I have been doing it for 4 or 5 years for around 7 to 9 cents a round using recycled brass, Bayou bullets and Bullseye. I paid $134 bucks for a single stage Lee press... that's less than a couple-a-hundred rounds at today's prices. 10 pounds of Bullseye, copper jacketed from anybody who wants to be competitive, and I shoot until my hand hurts every Friday or Saturday night at a local range. jeez..... it almost seems people need to manufacture a straw-man to blame for their own lack of ingenuity ... I suppose it makes them feel good to be a "victim"...
God, stop being a victim... take control of your life.
It must feel awfully good to whine on a website instead of just going out and taking control of yourself WHATEVER THE COST.
Write the check. Put down the Mastercard. Sign your name... go to the range and load up and shoot. Good God... stop whining and take control of your life.
OR VOTE DEMOCRAT. AND TURN IT OVER TO A POLITICIAN IN WASHINGTON WHO WILL HAPPILY TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE and DIE. Then you will certainly have something Legitimate to whine about.

I agree with you, Wise1. I started reloading because $5.99 plus 4.5% tax for a box of twenty .223 shells added-up too quickly for me. 100 rounds is $62.60 at that rate; equates to 31.3 cents per round. Reloading reduced that 31 cents to around 23 cents per round, a 26.5% reduction. Yes; the start-up costs can be high but to me, the feeling that I was "getting over" on the local hardware store made-up for the initial outlay of cash for the press, dies and associated peripherals required to load that first round. I started reloading in 1985; been doing it ever since...

I agree with you, Wise1. I started reloading because $5.99 plus 4.5% tax for a box of twenty .223 shells added-up too quickly for me. 100 rounds is $62.60 at that rate; equates to 31.3 cents per round. Reloading reduced that 31 cents to around 23 cents per round, a 26.5% reduction. Yes; the start-up costs can be high but to me, the feeling that I was "getting over" on the local hardware store made-up for the initial outlay of cash for the press, dies and associated peripherals required to load that first round. I started reloading in 1985; been doing it ever since...

Ummmm.... 100 rounds @ $62.60 equates to .626 or rounded off to .63 a round....

HOWEVER, five boxes of 20 rounds @ $6.259 per box rounded off to $6.26 a box equals 100 rounds @ $31.30, which equals .313 rounded off to .31 a round.

Reloading @ .23 a round is a 26% (rounded off) savings.... totally worth it IMHO.

;):D

Last Edited:
Ummmm.... 100 rounds @ $62.60 equates to .623 or rounded off to .63 a round.... HOWEVER, five boxes of 20 rounds @ $6.259 per box rounded off to $6.26 a box equals 100 rounds @ $31.30, which equals .313 rounded off to .31 a round.
Cripes A'Mighty! Did I get that wrong or what? I must have had my head up some dark and odiferous place when I did the calculation. You are exponentially-correct, Stomp. Time for me to self-flagellate for several hours as my penance...

Why are so many people afraid to just reload? I have been doing it for 4 or 5 years for around 7 to 9 cents a round using recycled brass, Bayou bullets and Bullseye. I paid $134 bucks for a single stage Lee press... that's less than a couple-a-hundred rounds at today's prices. 10 pounds of Bullseye, copper jacketed from anybody who wants to be competitive, and I shoot until my hand hurts every Friday or Saturday night at a local range. jeez..... it almost seems people need to manufacture a straw-man to blame for their own lack of ingenuity ... I suppose it makes them feel good to be a "victim"...
God, stop being a victim... take control of your life.
It must feel awfully good to whine on a website instead of just going out and taking control of yourself WHATEVER THE COST.
Write the check. Put down the Mastercard. Sign your name... go to the range and load up and shoot. Good God... stop whining and take control of your life.
OR VOTE DEMOCRAT. AND TURN IT OVER TO A POLITICIAN IN WASHINGTON WHO WILL HAPPILY TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE and DIE. Then you will certainly have something Legitimate to whine about.
When I started reloading you could get a pound of powder for under 10 bucks. Now the rifle powder is 30 a pound. Cabelas, the nearest to my house, $4.00 for 100. Prices have tripled to reload. But that is not why I started reloading. I did it because the ammo in the stores have just enough powder to get the bullet out the barrel. They want a buck a piece for none primed 7.62 x 39 brass So I bought loaded rounds at 80 cents but when the rounds are so weak they are short of ejecting with every round getting a dent from the bolt hitting it when closing. it makes the brass useless. You can blow a gun up just as easy with not enough powder as you can with too much. That's why I reload. I know how fast it's going, I know it's drop, I know the gun isn't going to blow up and I really like using all the little tricks to produce a good round. But now days we don't save any money we just have a few more days than someone that don't reload to get our supplies every time these crazies start panic buying.

If anyone has a trick to remove a dent in a piece of brass I'm all ears.

Turn it over, support the brass on a sand bag or some such bag, use a rubber mallet to pound from the dented side. I might use a wooden hammer head but not steel. You might need several sizes of mallet to get the job done.

Suggestion

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top