20180824_100950.jpg
20180824_101002.jpg 20180824_100950.jpg
  1. Drew

Drew
    Peoria

2. targetshooter

targetshooter
    So. AZ

Had a Beretta 92 painted dark Socom Blue with tan wood grips. Cant tell how it lasts while firing, it sits on a trophy shelf; it looks too nice to fire!

3. Drew

Drew
    Peoria

That's kool what happened to it

4. targetshooter

targetshooter
    So. AZ

I still have it, and I also bought a Desert Tan koted SigP229, which I also still have. My grandkids visited here, so everything has been locked away. I'll try to get pix and show them here.

Drew likes this.
  5. Drew

Drew
    Peoria

Kool
    I don't know if u can see mine in this gallery

6. Ambiguous

Ambiguous
    Gilbert AZ

This is not a handgun as requested but ... it’s a Kel-Tek CMR30. Cerakote titanium color. It is sold as a Davidson Exclusive ... I’m not sure what that means but I’m really enjoying this gun.
    2034D994-86F9-4F5F-979E-C6543E7E016E.jpeg

7. Drew

Drew
    Peoria

That's kool

8. joken

joken
    Mesa AZ

I went to Duracoat factory training a number of years ago and was reluctant to even try Cerakote, because Duracoat is so easy to apply. I built a couple ovens and started messing around with Cerakote and I love it. It's harder to apply mainly because if you miss a spot you are supposed to start over. I have used it as part of my gun addiction for several years now and can make an ugly gun beautiful. The stuff is durable but like anything else, it will wear in time. It can tighten up a sloppy slide to frame fit too. This old CZ had been in some third world military and was fugly as heck. I think the color is tungsten. Do it, it's fun as long as you don't use the oven in the house. :) CZ Jims.jpg barret bronse.jpg

billdeserthill likes this.
  9. Drew

Drew
    Peoria

If I was going to get my AR painted where would I go to get a good paint job professional

10. joken

joken
    Mesa AZ

Can’t help you Drew, I’m in Oregon until winter and my stuff is here

11. Drew

Drew
    Peoria

Are u a painter?

12. nvshooter

nvshooter
    Nevada

I think the first thing you'd want to consider is the paint to be used. It would have to be epoxy paint because such paint is very durable. I have no idea how thick it would lay-up once it's cured. You'd have to keep it out of the takedown holes, trigger & hammer pin holes, the hole for the bolt release roll pin, the holes for the safety and magazine release, and the thread for the grip. Because Cera-kote has been so perfected, I'd consider that versus painting. There's a reason so many owners go the Cera-kote route instead of a paint job like you'd find on an upper-tier BMW.