JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A lot of states currently allow for the use of, "Medical Marijuana". And several more states like Oregon and Washington have decriminalized it's use as a recreational drug. However, the ATF has stated in an official letter that possession of any type of, "Medical Marijuana Card", is an automatic admission of use. And as such you can lose your firearms because of it. Hawaii has even sent out letters to holders of, "Medical Marijuana Cards" saying as much. (Question #11 on the 4473 Form asks if you use Marijuana). If you check the box "YES", the dealer cannot sell you the weapon. Because Marijuana, medical or otherwise, is currently ILLEGAL at the Federal level. And Federal law supersedes state law in ALL 50 states.

Does anyone know if the same applies to the possession and use of CBD Oil and cream? This stuff is sold pretty much everywhere. Around here they even sell it in some gas stations. And many people have reported much success using it for pain relief. The oil is taken by mouth via an eyedropper, and the cream is applied topically. Neither product is an intoxicant, and they will not get you high, regardless of how much you take. Because the intoxicant in Marijuana, (THC), is not in the product. (Except in extremely small, trace amounts in some of the more potent oils).

Once again all of this treads into very sketchy territory involving firearms ownership. Personally, I know of no one who has ever lost their guns because of this. (Red Flag Laws seem to be far more dangerous in that regard). Yet the risk, however small is there. And as we all know, ANY Federal agency with 3 letters in their name has the power and ability to destroy your life with a stroke of a pen. IRS, FBI, ATF, DEA. It doesn't matter. They don't have to be right. And if they're not, they can just walk away without so much as an, "I'm sorry". And they will suffer zero consequences because of it.

Has anyone come across any actual cases involving these products they can comment on from actual experience?

I had the same questions. I bought an oil that was sold to me as having no THC in it. I came back to these pages and wrote about it; there were a few replies to my posts. Then I got overly curious and somehow came to find that CBD oil can have as much as 0.3% THC in it. I was worried that such a small amount may show-up in a drug screen. I went back to the seller and asked about it. I was shown the computer record of the sale and there it was-- what I had bought was certified to contain zero THC. I got too curious or overly concerned, and had created a "fact" when there never was one.

A friend got a marijuana card and after he looked at it very closely, he saw that simultaneously having the card and having firearms was just not going to work for him. He returned the card the next day. As a trucker, I won't have anything to do with cannabis sativa. The hemp species of marijuana is an entirely different plant for these purposes and as such, presents no difficulties for transportation professionals...

Those idiots in Richmond, Virginia need to understand that. Every "black rifle" in Virginia is illegal to own as of 2400 hrs., tonight...

Well, it's a double edged sword, so to speak. State laws can be made stricter, and more restrictive. But they can't be made less lenient, or eluded all together. So technically what Virginia is doing is not illegal. But if they made full auto weapons legal, that would be illegal, because they would be dismissing Federal Law. This is why some states got away with keeping the Assault Weapons Ban after the Feds repealed it. It's basically a one way street to increase the erosion of your rights.

Even in Oregon, state rights do not trump Fed Laws, and the terms of the 4473 still carry force of law, even in the states, SO..............while CBD with zero THC IS legal, the Feds don't like it and can make issue!

… … … while CBD with zero THC IS legal, the Feds don't like it and can make issue!
Yes. In the several hundred emails I get every day, I have seen emails regarding a change in the law for THC-free CDB oils and cremes. In my crippled mind, if a CDB oil or hemp-derived medication of any sort has no THC, it ought to be entirely legal to own and apply it. It took Trump to sign an Executive Order to allow terminal cancer patients to try experimental medicines that were heretofore unavailable because the experimental medicine might kill a person who was dying of cancr. Heaven forfend we endanger such a person, huh? Geez, the idiocy of those who believe they know so much more and so much better than we everyday folk both astounds me and repulses me.

I had the same questions. I bought an oil that was sold to me as having no THC in it. I came back to these pages and wrote about it; there were a few replies to my posts. Then I got overly curious and somehow came to find that CBD oil can have as much as 0.3% THC in it. I was worried that such a small amount may show-up in a drug screen. I went back to the seller and asked about it. I was shown the computer record of the sale and there it was-- what I had bought was certified to contain zero THC. I got too curious or overly concerned, and had created a "fact" when there never was one.

A friend got a marijuana card and after he looked at it very closely, he saw that simultaneously having the card and having firearms was just not going to work for him. He returned the card the next day. As a trucker, I won't have anything to do with cannabis sativa. The hemp species of marijuana is an entirely different plant for these purposes and as such, presents no difficulties for transportation professionals...

My bro has a medical marijuana card and he also got his ccw here in AZ

Even in Oregon, state rights do not trump Fed Laws, and the terms of the 4473 still carry force of law, even in the states, SO..............while CBD with zero THC IS legal, the Feds don't like it and can make issue!

I think when we discuss these type of laws, we have to keep in mind what the Feds can do LEGALLY, against what they will do ACTUALLY. Because there is a big difference. Politics drive laws. No matter what is discussed otherwise. Right now the DEA and FBI could go into every state that has "legalized" Marijuana, and close down every Marijuana dispensary, confiscate the product, and arrest the owners, along with any customers who have product in their possession. It would be perfectly legal for them to do it.

They never would because it would be political suicide. It would be even worse if they tried it with CBD products. Regardless if they had trace amounts of THC or not. Right now, like it or not, the political polling on Marijuana is changing. States are legalizing it left and right. (Illinois has just done so yesterday). Others will follow. District Attorneys offices operate in the political interests of the mayors and city and state officials who are in charge...... Because they want to remain in charge. That won't happen if they start arresting people on these type of petty charges. So it's not going to happen. Instead they'll support legalization, simply because it's what the bulk of the voters want in most states.

Could it happen? Of course. Just like the asteroid "could" hit. But even Democrats, who want gun control, do not want to see people lose their guns over Federal Marijuana violations. Because they, more than anyone, want it legalized. They would look like hypocrites if they supported gun control through Federal Marijuana law enforcement. They would rather pass anti gun laws. It's far less risky politically. Remember, it's the VOTES... Always the VOTES.

Legalizing Marijuana is a pro liberal Democratic position.... As is gun control. But the 2 don't mix well at all politically. The Dems find it more politically advantageous to support Marijuana legalization, than gun control. They've been burned too many times by it. To sum it all up. While politicians, along with Federal prosecutors, COULD arrest and try people on these charges, it's highly doubtful they ever will. In fact at some point the Feds are going to cave, and Marijuana will become legal at the Federal level. It's only a matter of time. Regardless if you want it or not. The majority do in most states. At the very least, they want it decriminalized.

And in the meantime, the last thing they want to do is alienate people politically, who have just voted in favor of their state legalizing it, by prosecuting them, and taking their guns, because they rubbed some oil on their elbow they bought at a gas station, to help them relieve their Arthritis pain. Again, it would be political suicide. And even Democrats aren't that dumb.

As an FFL holder, I am not obligated to ask if someone has a mm card. Also, the State of Arizona and many others have confirmed that they will not allow the ATF to enforce Unconstitutional laws. it is up to the individual how they choose to answer that particular question, but at least in Arizona, the state will not under any circumstances give the list of medical marijuana card holders to ATF.

As an FFL holder, I am not obligated to ask if someone has a mm card. Also, the State of Arizona and many others have confirmed that they will not allow the ATF to enforce Unconstitutional laws. it is up to the individual how they choose to answer that particular question, but at least in Arizona, the state will not under any circumstances give the list of medical marijuana card holders to ATF.
Do you honestly think the federal government doesn't already know who has a medical marijuana card ?

My bro has a medical marijuana card and he also got his ccw here in AZ
I will assume he got his CCW before the MM card. no issues until he goes to renew the CCW. 2020 The ATF will makes changes to the 4473 Form. Changes will be made to the DV section. Didn't read about any changes to the marijuana or addiction question.

They would look like hypocrites if they supported gun control through Federal Marijuana law enforcement.
Those Who Abhor Individual Liberty are unconcerned about hypocrisy. They have the Criminal Left Media permanently in their corner to dutifully ignore even the most exponentially-extreme hypocrisy. When your Party has the organ of the State in its pocket to ignore and to spike any reporting of your sins against The People, it's just a matter of time before the hypocrisy of your political persuasion will escalate to the indiscriminate killings and prejudicial assassinations of those who oppose your Party's ideology. We see this in many, many dictatorial nations around the world. It's how tyranny is cemented against a People...

Last Edited:
most CBD comes from hemp. hemp is federally legal.

there are a lot of things i choose not to comply with. what was it..."an unconstitutional law is null and void?"

What was it... "an unconstitutional law is null and void?"
Yes, but first the law has to be adjudicated to be null and void. That 1994 Sick Willy Klantoon gun ban was unconstitutional from deck to overhead, but it was passed anyway. The Party of Those Who Abhor Individual Liberty knew it would never be undone by the Supreme Court of the time, so they passed it without that concern for its future. A ten-year sunset was placed upon it because the same Party of tyrants that promulgated it figgered they'd forever be in power, and would just renew it or make it permanent come September 2004.

Well, we all know what happened in Fall 1994. We still had to wait nine years and ten months until George W. Bush let the ban sunset but after that, those of us who enjoy the ownership and use of Black Rifles had our Individual Liberty restored. But now the Party of Tyrants wants to resurrect the law, expand it to capture just about everything to do with America's Favorite Rifle, and to enshrine this new version into law as solidly as is the Right to Free Speech and the Right to Freedom from Unreasonable Search and Seizure. So convenient to completely skip over the Right to Keep and Bear Arms...

most CBD comes from hemp. hemp is federally legal.

there are a lot of things i choose not to comply with. what was it..."an unconstitutional law is null and void?"
YUP!
Problem is, none of that matters to the PTB, at least not until some one brings a suit on it! They do not differentiate between Hemp and Marijuana derivatives, and THAT is wrong and it is also Illegal, but until they get called out on it, ( and face a judge) your taking a chance!
I always tell folks to keep this kind of thing to their self!

YUP!
Problem is, none of that matters to the PTB, at least not until some one brings a suit on it! They do not differentiate between Hemp and Marijuana derivatives, and THAT is wrong and it is also Illegal, but until they get called out on it, ( and face a judge) your taking a chance!
I always tell folks to keep this kind of thing to their self!

I'm 100% sure if the authorities want you then your @ss will be had,
it's not above them to plant drugs or worse, been done to other folks in the past

Has there ever been a case where someone from law enforcement "planted" CBD Oil on someone? Remember, we are talking about CBD Oil here, not drugs.... Marijuana or otherwise. If something is legal to purchase and own, and sold in gas stations, and places like, Bed Bath & Beyond, what reason would they possibly have to, "plant it" on someone?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top