JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What you trying to conceal it from?

My short answer would be no, and as far as I know, nothing will permanently conceal it, as your body is constantly producing and replenishing it, and whatever you put on to mask it would have to be continually replenished.

Last Edited:
What you trying to conceal it from?

My short answer would be no, and as far as I know, nothing will permanently conceal it, as your body is constantly producing and replenishing it, and whatever you put on to mask it would have to be continually replenished.
Deers

All critters smell, men too, the trick is to confuse them as to what they are smelling!
You cannot hide your sent, but you can mask it or "Re direct it" so you dont smell like a $6.99 cheese burger and diet coke!
Best thing you can do to "Hide" is to not wash your self or your clothes in any thing but river/lake/stream water for a month, wearing the same clothes the whole time, do not smoke or cook over a wood fire, use firewood to provide heat!

Bears can smell you from over 2 miles away, deer and elk from over 1.5 miles, and even lesser predators and pray can smell quite good, you will not hide, so all you can do is fool them!

I did a bit of research for you. I was interested too...

Humans have around 5 million smell receptors, bloodhound have 220 million receptors, the deer family (including Elk and Moose) have about 300 million. A bear's sniffer is the best in nature.

Along with that, deer have the ability to "Smell in stereo" Not only can they pick up your scent, they can tell which direction it's coming from, and how old it is.

That's why and how a buck finds a doe when she is in estrus. If a buck can track that, he can track the garlic and onions on your breath, or the smell of bacon molecules on your clothes from when you had breakfast.

So, to answer your question, you would smell like a fire and a man. 2 things the deer will avoid.

There are products you can use to wash your clothes to remove scent. There are products you can use to wash your body, brush your teeth, etc. All of these will reduce your signature significantly, but Are not long lasting. Also, they will do little good if you wore the clothes you ate breakfast in to your stand, work up a sweat to get to your stand, even skipped brushing your teeth and now have bad breath.
You can use these products to reduce your scent, but it is recommended when you get to your hunting spot, to take outer garments previously cleaned in such a manner and put them on.

Also, in addition to not breaking a sweat to your stand, finding things that are naturally occurring in the area can help, such as pine needles, etc. I imagine after attempting to reduce your scent by washing, rubbing your outer wear with pine needles or other naturally occurring stuff in the area you hunt can help mask your scent a little.

I'm no professional on the matter that's for sure.

We'll have to arrange for a little gator hunt in August down in the bayou's of Louisiana or the glades in Florida fer ewe boys . . .

dry-heat.jpg

Rsjc36V.jpg

IceCream Melt.jpg

Lmao!
I just wanna come down to Louisiana and sample some of the food!

Crawfish boil
Gumbo
Boudin sausage
Shrimp and grits
Jambalaya
Shrimp etoufee
Fried oyster powder boy

Do we know anyone from Louisiana, guys?

Oh and just so it's on topic, the smoke from the fire used to cook all this food will definitely scare the deer off....

Lmao!
I just wanna come down to Louisiana and sample some of the food!

Crawfish boil
Gumbo
Boudin sausage
Shrimp and grits
Jambalaya
Shrimp etoufee
Fried oyster powder boy

Do we know anyone from Louisiana, guys?

Oh and just so it's on topic, the smoke from the fire used to cook all this food will definitely scare the deer off....

No smoke needed that food sounds great but I'm sure the gas from the aftermath will scare just about anything away! :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top