JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, so I've decided to get a another Liberty safe as I have a dealer withing 10 miles of my house, they deliver and they have great local support.

I have one each Mechanical & Dial safes currently, the bigger Mechanical safe is in my Shop with most of my weapons, the smaller dial safe is in the Master closet for quick access to my most often used guns. I like both but for some reason need a little nudge as to what direction to go with on this one...Thoughts?

I prefer a keypad but went with mechanical because I was worried about a potential failure :)

If your worried about speed you can run the dial until your short of your last number and then when you need it just spin to number and bang your open. I do it on my ammo safe and I know @Stomper does it on his at home.
I've done that, but this safe doesn't get much use, maybe once a month as my daily use stuff is in the house. So leaning towards mechanical.

Another thing is electronic locks use an electrically actuated solenoid which potentially can be defeated with a powerful enough magnet placed at the proper location/position.... then there's the ever present specter of EMP warefare.

Go mechanical, IMHO.:s0155:

OK, so I've decided to get a another Liberty safe as I have a dealer withing 10 miles of my house, they deliver and they have great local support.

I have one each Mechanical & Dial safes currently, the bigger Mechanical safe is in my Shop with most of my weapons, the smaller dial safe is in the Master closet for quick access to my most often used guns. I like both but for some reason need a little nudge as to what direction to go with on this one...Thoughts?

Why not get both, new safe locks are available that use an electronic system & also have a mechanical backup

Digital Protractor, digital caliper, digital inclinometer, electronic stud finder, moisture meter, digital sliding T bevel. either given to me by thoughtful folks at special times of the year or self bought, Still, all have a habit of leaving you wanting and maybe even just a little miffed just as you need them most because of a dead battery. Good thing I didn't give up the mechanical versions.
I vote to keep the batteries for the toys and stay with mechanical and analog when things really count.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top