Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up today!

Buying Liberty...Mechanical or Keypad?

DB Wesner

Staff Member
Reactions
OK, so I've decided to get a another Liberty safe as I have a dealer withing 10 miles of my house, they deliver and they have great local support.

I have one each Mechanical & Dial safes currently, the bigger Mechanical safe is in my Shop with most of my weapons, the smaller dial safe is in the Master closet for quick access to my most often used guns. I like both but for some reason need a little nudge as to what direction to go with on this one...Thoughts?

OP
DB Wesner

DB Wesner

Staff Member
Reactions
If your worried about speed you can run the dial until your short of your last number and then when you need it just spin to number and bang your open. I do it on my ammo safe and I know @Stomper does it on his at home.
I've done that, but this safe doesn't get much use, maybe once a month as my daily use stuff is in the house. So leaning towards mechanical.

Reactions
OK, so I've decided to get a another Liberty safe as I have a dealer withing 10 miles of my house, they deliver and they have great local support.

I have one each Mechanical & Dial safes currently, the bigger Mechanical safe is in my Shop with most of my weapons, the smaller dial safe is in the Master closet for quick access to my most often used guns. I like both but for some reason need a little nudge as to what direction to go with on this one...Thoughts?
Why not get both, new safe locks are available that use an electronic system & also have a mechanical backup

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Arizona State Fairgrounds
1826 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• American Guns & Ammo
    5.00 star(s)
    This is a great place to shop. The staff is friendly and they will treat you right. Al (the...
    • 1971Chevelle
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Tucson
    5.00 star(s)
    I bought a Win M70 Safari Express here 2 years ago after an uphill search online The lady who...
    • MichaelTQS
  • Northwest Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    This is my local gun store of choice , family owned and operated , friendly and knowledgeable...
    • JOE TRUMP
  • Glock 38
    4.00 star(s)
    This is a great little gun, often sold at a discount due to lack of popularity, a handloader's...
    • Cliph
  • Glock 19
    4.00 star(s)
    Likely the most popular handgun in the world and an excellent combat pistol.
    • Cliph