JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Out where I live, If I don't go out and check on bumps in the night, No one else is going too! Our response time is 45 min If we are lucky! If the only cop on duty is on the other side of the county it could be 1 1/2 hours! My normal carry out is a shotgun , dog, and a lantern.
I can normally sleep through anything, But if a car stops on the road in front of our house I'm awake! Our driveway is 100 yards long. DR

I am one to sit back and continue to listen. My ears at night are my best ally. My eyesight without glasses or in the dark with glasses is sub par.

I know that continued noises will be investigated. My dog which sleeps in the bedroom will alert me to anyone in the hall that's not supposed to be there. He is contained in the bedroom behind a closed door so he won't go running off (still a pup).

We did go investigate last night some bumps in the dark at the farm with a good walk around while we were out there.

He did really good like always staying close and responding when I call him saying "c'mon, get over here" or "touch" which is his command to touch his nose to my hand letting me know he is beside me.

His nose was to the ground and doing what a Lab mix will do.

The house though, another story because the pistol is there and he is my alert dog.

The dog (100 lbs of Rhodesian Ridgeback) sets the tone of the response. In AK he just growls when the brown bears get close, I respond with a Rifle .457WW Co-Pilot or AR-10, Wolves set him off pretty well but he doesn't bark unless I don't wake up. AZ he barks at people or the trained responses. His photo at 1 year old.

View attachment 2918

That is a good looking dog. I really need to get another dog.

I am one to sit back and continue to listen. My ears at night are my best ally. My eyesight without glasses or in the dark with glasses is sub par.

I know that continued noises will be investigated. My dog which sleeps in the bedroom will alert me to anyone in the hall that's not supposed to be there. He is contained in the bedroom behind a closed door so he won't go running off (still a pup).

We did go investigate last night some bumps in the dark at the farm with a good walk around while we were out there.

He did really good like always staying close and responding when I call him saying "c'mon, get over here" or "touch" which is his command to touch his nose to my hand letting me know he is beside me.

His nose was to the ground and doing what a Lab mix will do.

The house though, another story because the pistol is there and he is my alert dog.

View attachment 2969

What made you go out last night?

They're definitely quite a bit of work, but having a dog is fantastic. Have any specific breeds in mind?

German Shepard's are my favorite breed, it's too bad about their health issues. I've had several labs and they've all been great.

You guys really aught to get one of these!
230 pounds of Mean with Muscles that'll out pull a Hemi, and silent but deadly! He doesn't bark, he just body slams ya and starts tearing large offending chunks off!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top