JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dawg. Largish Am Staffie. Deep rumbling bark. Runs various coons and other wildlife off the place, day or night, seems to live for the opportunity.
Wife and I tend to sleep in different shifts, so one of us is usually up all night anyway, (generally me). Anything that goes bump in the night is asking to have it's buttocks handed back to them on a platter.

I'll call two of those "conflict resolution" nutcases the liberal looney-toons say we need to call instead of the police, or reaching for an M1911. I'm bullschumering, of course. Any walkin' trash who forces his way into my place will be carried out under a hi-viz yellow blanket...

Take a good look at the Belgian Malinois breed, fantastic working breed with out many of the Bean Sheppard's tendencies or health issues. We adopted a 6 month old pup who was to much for a young family to handle, so we took him on! He is super smart, eager to learn and do, and gets along with the wee ones like they were born together! I couldn't be happier with how he is working out. Bonus is he is smaller then the G.S.D. so it's easier to handle him, and he can get into places the larger breeds cannot. They don't have the temper issues ether! Fantastic breed for all around needs!

These are my favorite. I'll have one as soon as I have the time and space they require :s0155:

These are my favorite. I'll have one as soon as I have the time and space they require :s0155:
You really should get one, they don't require space, but they certainly require time! Last thing you want is a board Malinois!
1602622856171.png
He will likely end up around 65 pounds of pure energy and brains! Damn good Dog, Damn good!

ATNX0002 (2).JPG

I went with a Rodisan Ridgeback from a rescue after two Malinois a bit bigger at 120 pounds, Great with Big bears no barking just a low growl very afraid of mountain lions but still doesn't bark, almost backed over me when there was a rattlesnake on the back porch trying to get away from it. GREAT hunter just a pain in the but when target shooting. He thinks if you shoot
there should be something to pick up. Walk 11 (2).jpg

Good deal that the dawg advances to the rear when confronting rattlers, smart dog... snake bites are terrible on a dog's snoot.. Hope ya shot the nasty... One of my Sammies got into it inadvertedly with a prairie rattler, it struck his ruff and both backed off... no damage to Sammie or serpent...

Good deal that the dawg advances to the rear when confronting rattlers, smart dog... snake bites are terrible on a dog's snoot.. Hope ya shot the nasty... One of my Sammies got into it inadvertedly with a prairie rattler, it struck his ruff and both backed off... no damage to Sammie or serpent...
Our Newfy's HATE snakes, our Oldest has twice blocked my path and grabbed my hand in his mouth and dragged me back from a couple of big arse timber rattlers, Both times, he just stopped, turned his body to block me, grabbed my hand in his mouth and clamped down just enough to show he was serious, then dragged me back several steps! We took all three dogs to "Snek Training" while living in Az, and they learned as pups NOT to mess with them rattlin sneks! A de venomed snake strike on the snoot will convince a pup not to mess about with snakes!

Normal snake breaking involves a de fanged Rattler with an electronic shock collar set on high.
Normally the dog is handled on a long lead and allowed to encounter the snake, then as soon as it's in range of the snake the collar is activated, I've seen dogs do a back flip, Now the dog is dragged back to the snake twice more and hit again each time with the shock collar. After that they never forget, and will not come near a snake or anything that sounds like a snake. Dead snakes they ignore, I speak from firsthand experience. We trialed our Vizsla dogs all over the SW, and never had a problem with snakes.
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top