JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks Brother for the input. The wife wants a place with a pool in the back yard and all amenities. I on the other hand I would rather be in the sticks with the animals and a compound wall built around the house and shop. Just guessing that the wife will win so I am hoping to find something with enough land to have at least a shop on it for me and the toys.

Whatever you do stay away from the homeowner associations, some are brutal with their nosy BS. One place I do work in a homeowner paid to have a small a/c installed in the rear of his garage in a way that it couldn't be seen from the street--the HOA made him take it out

Whatever you do stay away from the homeowner associations, some are brutal with their nosy BS. One place I do work in a homeowner paid to have a small a/c installed in the rear of his garage in a way that it couldn't be seen from the street--the HOA made him take it out

PHUCK THAT!!!

Funny story I live in a association now. I wanted to build my shop and one of the members said no so I ran for vice president and then got her kicked out! :s0140:

What are the hot up and coming area's that would be a good place to invest and so that the money I invest in a home will do well. I would like to be close to a range if possible. Where would you go and why if you could.
Cheers

It depends on what type of climate and living you are looking for. Arizona has everything from cold, snowy Winters, (Flagstaff). To one of the hottest areas in the nation, (Colorado River area). And just about everything in between. We moved from Chicago to Lake Havasu City back in 1991. And we lived there until 1997, when we moved to the west side of Phoenix.

We lived there until this past July when we moved back to Lake Havasu. We love it here. I've been retired since 2014, and we would have moved here sooner, except we were looking for just the right house. Now the town is right around 53,000. But that thins out by almost half in the Summer. Yes, it's HOT here. So unless you like desert living, you won't be happy here.

Homes here are going up in value FAST. They have a beautiful gun club here, (Lake Havasu City Sportsman's Club). And they have rifle, (out to 300 yards), pistol, Trap, Skeet, as well as 5 Stand Sporting clays. And even an archery range. Membership is reasonable, as are clay target fees.

The town has everything you need as far as convenience, and it is the one of the most conservative in all of Arizona. Trump 2020 flags and MAGA hats are everywhere. This is NOT a town for liberals. Which just suits me right down to the ground. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

It depends on what type of climate and living you are looking for. Arizona has everything from cold, snowy Winters, (Flagstaff). To one of the hottest areas in the nation, (Colorado River area). And just about everything in between. We moved from Chicago to Lake Havasu City back in 1991. And we lived there until 1997, when we moved to the west side of Phoenix.

We lived there until this past July when we moved back to Lake Havasu. We love it here. I've been retired since 2014, and we would have moved here sooner, except we were looking for just the right house. Now the town is right around 53,000. But that thins out by almost half in the Summer. Yes, it's HOT here. So unless you like desert living, you won't be happy here.

Homes here are going up in value FAST. They have a beautiful gun club here, (Lake Havasu City Sportsman's Club). And they have rifle, (out to 300 yards), pistol, Trap, Skeet, as well as 5 Stand Sporting clays. And even an archery range. Membership is reasonable, as are clay target fees.

The town has everything you need as far as convenience, and it is the one of the most conservative in all of Arizona. Trump 2020 flags and MAGA hats are everywhere. This is NOT a town for liberals. Which just suits me right down to the ground. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
You can ask anybody that drive their car to the office in the morning and their car home after work. They will tell you the heat ain't bad.

After living in Prescott 18 years I am glad to NOT have the cold for once. I go up every week still for work. It's a three month thing either way you go. 3 of relatively high heat down south or about 3 of relatively low cold up north. That's why we have "snowbirds". Having lived in both, it seems the cold lasts longer than the heat. At least the really intense parts. I could just be WAY burned out on the cold right now, messing with my perspective having just moved.

I know the heat sounds bad but, sorry California, its worse there. At least its dry here. My family in Cali asks me how we deal with the heat down in the Valley when for two months they drift over 100 degrees with massive humidity. The rest of the time they have traffic, outdated freeways, too many people, trash, graffiti, earthquakes, tent cities, smog, $5 gas, deviant sex education in schools, backward/regressive politics, barbed wire on over passes, rent controls, sanctuary cities, construction signs on the freeways that are permanent and graffiti covered in place.

California Dreamin'????? The song, if written today should be "California Leavin" with the next line "......cause it's insane to stay" instead of such a winters day.

My .02

If anyone needs help (Californians/my family are too blind or in denial), give me a call. 18 years Certified Residential Appraiser and RE Agent here. Why not an agent who can't stand real estate agents (18 yrs appraising and having to work with them-you would too). I posted my number on an earlier post.

Last Edited:
The flip side of that HOA thing is when they don't enforce the rules. I love my neighbors and neighborhood but the HOA lack of enforcement condones things the rules specifically prohibit. Not the best thing to find out after you buy.

Unfortunately, even if you asked people who live there general questions before you buy (recommended) its like a needle in a haystack like thing. What bothers you may not them and they wouldn't mention it....whatever it may be.

Charlie's solution was to take over the HOA. Hahaha!!! I love it but don't have the time. Awesome story Charlie! Sounds like you were right and won. If I did then my neighbor would know it was me and I love them too much to harm our relationship for that and live next door. I love my neighbor.

I know. Radical thinking by today's standards. Someone 2,000 years ago didn't think so.

Last Edited:
Wait.... How does Volcom know what Charlie's shop looks like? Was there a shop party I wasn't informed about?

He has been to my place several times. When I first started reloading he spent the day with me loading 308 rounds and making a trip to the range to test them. Was a great day and needs to be done again soon. Thinking the next time its my turn to drive down to him.

@MgAZ I love my shop and spend a lot of time in it. This was one of the conditions to moving to AZ some day. Told the wife I have to have my space like I do here. I know it will take some time but I know we will find the right place when the time comes.

My friend in Chino Valley is just finishing his shop/observatory with emphasis on reloading. Party is pending as he is just finishing up.

Friends like Charlie and mine are like gold.

I wired two grade schools in the area long time ago. It was so hot that summer that the tv stations stopped reporting the temps. I had a rental house and a boat for skiing after work, It was still hard to keep anyone there for very long. I remember long boat trips up the river with the wife

Yea but hot don't hurt.

Have you ever touched the hood of a black painted car on a 110 F day, or climbed into a 150F parked car with the windows rolled up wearing shorts on a vinyl covered seat. I believe you would find that painful, also walk barefoot across a black topped street on that 110F day, I've been there done that in all counts, IT HURTS!
The story is "It's a dry heat" thus cooler than a humid heat, well sorta!
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top