JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK guys I am reaching out to you for your knowledge so don't let me down!!! :s0123:

I haven't been on much because things are crazy at work and things are changing fast. It MIGHT come down to the place where we move to AZ sooner rather than later. We know that we will end up North of Phoenix somewhere near the Anthem area. Two reasons. The kids live in that general direction and I would like to get out of town if possible.

What are the hot up and coming area's that would be a good place to invest and so that the money I invest in a home will do well. I would like to be close to a range if possible. Where would you go and why if you could.

Cheers

I've been looking in the Prescott area for myself. It's higher and cooler than Anthem, but not that close to Phoenix. We currently live in Chandler - but I would rather be in a more temperate area. I'm done with triple digits for 6 months of the year.

Have a look at Payson, about 90 min from Phoenix, up in the mountains and lots of cool outdoor stuff to do!
Other then that, anything close to Phoenix is gonna be crowded and hot as hell! Maybe down sough east of, along Highway 4, IDK, but it's good farmin country and still close enough to town!

Have a look at Payson, about 90 min from Phoenix, up in the mountains and lots of cool outdoor stuff to do!
Other then that, anything close to Phoenix is gonna be crowded and hot as hell! Maybe down sough east of, along Highway 4, IDK, but it's good farmin country and still close enough to town!

The kids live north of phoenix. Basically right where the 51 ends. The wife wants to be with in 45 min of them. I can't imagine getting her further than that. Anthem is about 30 min. Been looking on line and cave creek has some nice homes. Sh!t I don't know:( It might just take going and looking. I will know more this week what is going to happen and the time frame.

Wickenburg in Wickenburg ranch are slightly higher altitude then Phoenix a little cooler not much it's more like Tucson weather, but it's growing and it will grow into value. the sportsman club there has 4 ranges at 100 yards, 50 yards and a pair of 25-yard outdoor ranges. It was 75 to $100 a year membership. And it's about 45 minutes from Anthem
The state facility Ben Avery it's not too far from Anthem and very well developed I think it's a small daily fee ,at the corner of highway 74 and I-17

North of Anthem up i-17 try Cortas junction or Mayer. I was over in that area this spring and they are starting to show signs of life but no guaranteed future value .
The advantage would be close to Anthem, Ben Avery, Prescott, Prescott valley, several indoor shooting ranges (250/yr and daily rates) and outdoor activities in the high desert there. Not to mention all the other things that make life livable like fun shops, grocery stores, healthcar,e ETC

To i-17 North is it on holidays and weekends somebody always flips it over or catches fire and shut the freeway down there are some back ways just depends on where you live.

Payson is great but it's a half a day drive to Anthem and there's only two ways to get there through camp Verde or through ALL of Phoenix metro
Good hunting

OK guys I am reaching out to you for your knowledge so don't let me down!!! :s0123:

I haven't been on much because things are crazy at work and things are changing fast. It MIGHT come down to the place where we move to AZ sooner rather than later. We know that we will end up North of Phoenix somewhere near the Anthem area. Two reasons. The kids live in that general direction and I would like to get out of town if possible.

What are the hot up and coming area's that would be a good place to invest and so that the money I invest in a home will do well. I would like to be close to a range if possible. Where would you go and why if you could.

Cheers

I'm in the Town of Cave Creek, The state is always raising the value of my home, likely so they can wring more property taxes out of me every year

I'm in the Town of Cave Creek, The state is always raising the value of my home, likely so they can wring more property taxes out of me every year

Thats happening everywhere brother. I just want to have good resale value and live in a good place. Close to things but yet far enough away I don't have to put up with all the BS.

I am north of Prescott on a ridge at about 5200 ft and have a great view, lots of National Forest, and don't live in any CITY. Cooler than you and still only 1 mile to a blacktop road and 5 miles to a grocery store. I have to pay the county fire fee but still only 5 miles from the station on the grid (with a switch) with full solar, well and Propane.
Nice to have a view with privacy. GREAT area lots to do (for a county boy) and great neighbors.

Fountain Hills or Paradise Valley (suburbs of Scottsdale) are close to your family members and house values will appreciate in good times and hold or rebound quicker than many other places in the Greater Phoenix area after an economic downturn. I lived and owned two houses (one a rental) in Buckeye (west valley area) but sold them and moved to coastal NC after my wife developed chronic dry eye syndrome.

I suggest you vacation there and check out the areas you might be interested in relocating. My wife and I visited several times from our home in Escazu, Costa Rica in Central America to evaluate AZ as a relocation area. We've learned some things after making several long-distance moves.

While there, check out those things that are important in your lives now which you value for convenience, e.g., grocery shopping, medical/dental care options, banking, restaurants, and a WalMart or Lowes.

If you vacation there, I recommend you check out a vacation rental as a cost-savings option because it forces you to get acquainted with the area's conveniences and its inconveniences. For example, Airbnb has a $20/night rental in Fountain Hills which makes a good base to explore and discover what is important for your family.

Consider renting for the first six to eleven months before buying another house to reinvest the money from your present home sale (tax consideration?). My wife and I retired at age 54 and moved to Costa Rica (for the adventure) after several exploratory trips of 3 weeks to 4 months before committing to selling our home in MN and making a permanent move. We moved back to the US once we were eligible for Medicare coverage.

I hope this helps with your decision. Good luck!

Can't even begin to understand why anyone would move to be near their "adult" children.
We moved from California to Central Oregon to get away from our kids and an overdose
of rude, self-entitled, obnoxious Californians (both of us raised in CA) and a left-wing anti-capitalist
political class. It was wonderful, no kids drama, fights, no borrowing money and tools, and
most especially no thankless babysitting of grandkids that aren't being raised to be
respectful and taught manners.
It was, and is wonderful, but Central Oregon turned out to be beautiful but had long, harsh
winters and feeding livestock at near zero or below got to be no fun at all.
So we found this little corner of Arizona, where at 4000 plus feet it's consistently 20 degrees
cooler than Phoenix, Tucson is only 1 1/2 hours away but most everything is available right here.
I'm 69 years old, have lived in 6 states and been to most all the other ones. Sierra Vista AZ
is the best of all of them.
Actually, California would be the best of all if you got rid of the Californians

Can't even begin to understand why anyone would move to be near their "adult" children.
We moved from California to Central Oregon to get away from our kids and an overdose
of rude, self-entitled, obnoxious Californians (both of us raised in CA) and a left-wing anti-capitalist
political class. It was wonderful, no kids drama, fights, no borrowing money and tools, and
most especially no thankless babysitting of grandkids that aren't being raised to be
respectful and taught manners.
It was, and is wonderful, but Central Oregon turned out to be beautiful but had long, harsh
winters and feeding livestock at near zero or below got to be no fun at all.
So we found this little corner of Arizona, where at 4000 plus feet it's consistently 20 degrees
cooler than Phoenix, Tucson is only 1 1/2 hours away but most everything is available right here.
I'm 69 years old, have lived in 6 states and been to most all the other ones. Sierra Vista AZ
is the best of all of them.
Actually, California would be the best of all if you got rid of the Californians

Well for one I didn't raise self-entitled brats and I love doing things for my family and loved ones. If the kids weren't in AZ we would probably still move there. As for location I like northern AZ better than southern and for the grand kids if they are brats then I will whoop on them just like I did my kids which is why they turned out to be respectful hard working adults.

Cave Creek is a wonderful area. You are out of the big city and it's an area with lots of great restaurants. Not too far from Phoenix and the closest range is Ben Avery. It hosts ranges for just about every style of shooting you can think of. 1000 yard ranges, ranges dedicated to Practical Pistol, Cowboy action, Skeet, Archery, Benchrest etc. The Public Range has over 60 tables and is only $7 a day to shoot.

Cave Creek is a wonderful area. You are out of the big city and it's an area with lots of great restaurants. Not too far from Phoenix and the closest range is Ben Avery. It hosts ranges for just about every style of shooting you can think of. 1000 yard ranges, ranges dedicated to Practical Pistol, Cowboy action, Skeet, Archery, Benchrest etc. The Public Range has over 60 tables and is only $7 a day to shoot.

Do you think that Cave creek is an up and coming area? I don't want to live in an area where its going to explode and be a mini phoenix in five years but I want solid property values.

I have been an AZ real estate appraiser for 18+ years IN Prescott and also live in northern PHX area now(Peoria). Still work in Prescott and know EVERY road , quad cities and the national forest.I am also a re agent but appraisal is my primary. Wife is also an re agent. If you have questions or need help write me or text/call (928) sevenonezero 2718.

Market in Prescott is crazy now and they are WAY overbuilding for the area. Too many people (yes in a small town) and they keep building. I saw this happen before the last crash. Scary. I do miss living up there though...even with all that. Drive is short for me in North PHX
Mike

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top