JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been an AZ real estate appraiser for 18+ years IN Prescott and also live in northern PHX area now(Peoria). Still work in Prescott and know EVERY road , quad cities and the national forest.I am also a re agent but appraisal is my primary. Wife is also an re agent. If you have questions or need help write me or text/call (928) sevenonezero 2718.

Market in Prescott is crazy now and they are WAY overbuilding for the area. Too many people (yes in a small town) and they keep building. I saw this happen before the last crash. Scary. I do miss living up there though...even with all that. Drive is short for me in North PHX
Mike

I appreciate that Mike. What area's north of Phoenix do you see really blowing up over the next six years where the real estate is reasonably priced now?

I appreciate that Mike. What area's north of Phoenix do you see really blowing up over the next six years where the real estate is reasonably priced now?

To be honest I'm relatively new down here. I know very much about the Prescott area and not so much yet about down here. We chose Northern Peoria so that I could still get back up there as I still work up there.

AZ is big and, in my opinion, Appraisers should stay local. As such I have never appraised down here but am slowly picking it up. (Plan is to begin Selling down here with my wife and my RE Lic and continue to Appraise in Prescott/I just know the area too well to throw that knowledge away)

This Northwest area is really nice and not congested. (I should mention that I am a "Cali-former" originally/had AZ anchor babies so you can't send me back) Anthem, North Peoria...seems like building has picked up again this direction. My wife read me some stat about hundreds of people per day moving to the PHX area.

If you are specific, I can look into some things for you. My skills are transferable to other areas. I would just need a basis to begin an analysis.

Gosh, Charlie...not sure I answered your question. Let me try again.

I am not sure but, it seems like they plan for this Northwest area and the 303 may be part of that. I will know more soon as I start selling here. Tough to slow one thing to being another (why I have help from my wife)

To be honest I'm relatively new down here. I know very much about the Prescott area and not so much yet about down here. We chose Northern Peoria so that I could still get back up there as I still work up there.

AZ is big and, in my opinion, Appraisers should stay local. As such I have never appraised down here but am slowly picking it up. (Plan is to begin Selling down here with my wife and my RE Lic and continue to Appraise in Prescott/I just know the area too well to throw that knowledge away)

This Northwest area is really nice and not congested. (I should mention that I am a "Cali-former" originally/had AZ anchor babies so you can't send me back) Anthem, North Peoria...seems like building has picked up again this direction. My wife read me some stat about hundreds of people per day moving to the PHX area.

If you are specific, I can look into some things for you. My skills are transferable to other areas. I would just need a basis to begin an analysis.

That would be great!!! Let me figure out what is going on and a time frame and I will reach out to you. Oh and welcome to SWFA we are glad to have you.

Thank you. And to think 18 years ago when I moved from CA I had three guns and one was my Marlin 60 (prob illegal in CA now with the scary stock. It doesn't fold but it looks intimidating). Good thing I moved!!!

Oh...my.

Thanks Charlie for the welcome to SWFA

Last Edited:
Always good to have new members. @Ura-Ki and I will both be in Phoenix area for Christmas and we are planning a get together with some of the members here to do some shooting. Watch for the thread we would love to have you join us.

Vistancia ia a hot area right now in NW Peoria. Another area is 107th Ave and Happy Valley. They have 5-6 different builders racing to get homes to the market. Both areas are serviced by Ben Avery Shooting Range as well as the private range at Cowtown.

phx... nice place to visit, but..... really.. lived there for 18 years,.. queen creek area.. it grew fast, too much traffic, to expensive.. moved to Tucson 3 years ago. best move I ever made, I wouldn't even call it traffic here, a lot cooler, less expensive, a lot of activities.. we make it up to phx to visit once a month or so... I know it sounds like a lot to drive, but we do it on a 2 day weekend.. they call Tucson the big little city or the little big city...

I'm in the Town of Cave Creek, The state is always raising the value of my home, likely so they can wring more property taxes out of me every year
Don't feel alone. I live in West Phoenix and mine went up almost $200 this year. The last time it was raised that much was 7 years ago to build a sound wall on the 101. I'm still waiting for that sound wall

Don't feel alone. I live in West Phoenix and mine went up almost $200 this year. The last time it was raised that much was 7 years ago to build a sound wall on the 101. I'm still waiting for that sound wall

Thing that pisses me off is I paid $90k for my land and another $150k for my house & now they say it has doubled in value in just 3 years, which is a bunch of BS

I am north of Prescott on a ridge at about 5200 ft and have a great view, lots of National Forest, and don't live in any CITY. Cooler than you and still only 1 mile to a blacktop road and 5 miles to a grocery store. I have to pay the county fire fee but still only 5 miles from the station on the grid (with a switch) with full solar, well and Propane.
Nice to have a view with privacy. GREAT area lots to do (for a county boy) and great neighbors.

Out around Paulden?
Gabby

I appreciate the input from the AZ residents here. It will help me make my decision as to where to live when we head South to look at housing.

There is so much diversity with regard to AZ. It really depends what you are looking for. Ranch, water front, pines, etc.

Ex. Northern Peoria is great if you frequent northern AZ or CA as there is low density, new development and growth in addition to 303 access to I-17 and the same 303 is a bypass of congestion south to I-10 going west if you are a Cali former or frequent there.

Prescott and the quad city area has much with regard to variety if a more rural lifestyle is what you are looking for.

Arizona is a wonderful State with so many options.

I tell buyers to be over specific in what they think they want because it can open up to options or locations not normally considered when searching for them. Conditions can make a big difference such as, one may choose to -live in Camp Verde IF one lived on a river front 5 acre equestrian estate. If not, forget that!- Almost sounds like a quote, huh? Lol

I suggest that you need to decide if you want to live in a HOA area or not. Anthem has a lot of amenities and is fairly well laid out. However you have one avenue to Phoenix, the freeway. Nearby there is an medium security prison. Federal Correctional Institution, Phoenix - Wikipedia
I used to do combat pistol close to there and one evening someone drove in (guard) and said there had been an escape. Everyone but me and the rangemaster got into vehicles turned on the off road lights and went out looking. Not exactly what I would want to live near.
Next what amenities do you need and or want? Will you have critters?
Up the road is New River, and Black Canyon City both a lot closer to the desert than you may want. Bit farther and with a flowing river is Camp Verde. Verde gets a light snow most years. Does not stay usually.
Lots of areas to look at out laying land from Cave Creek is attractive to some.
I live in Tucson and will be finishing my home on 5 acres on the east side of town north of Vail. (No not Colorado). I am tired of the HOA, and city life. My land is riparian so I am not developing much other than the driveway, 326' and the septic area. I like the desert, and all of its glory. I have pics of a mountain lion, coyote, javelina and lots of quail.
Best wishes on your decision.

Thanks Brother for the input. The wife wants a place with a pool in the back yard and all amenities. I on the other hand I would rather be in the sticks with the animals and a compound wall built around the house and shop. Just guessing that the wife will win so I am hoping to find something with enough land to have at least a shop on it for me and the toys.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top