JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe in using a Quality Scope regardless of your interpretation of Long Range Shooting. Whether it's 100 yards or 800 yards a Quality Scope does the job. I believe in Leupold myself. I find the accuracy is as good as the shooter, the Quality is Un-Questionable. I use a 6-18 x 40 for my Savage FC SR Bolt Action 308 which may be more scope than what I need however the clarity of my target leaves no question as to the result. I have a Ruger American for Plinking and I use a 4-12 x 40 for under 200 yards. Both give me confidence for the shot / shots I will make. I'm sure the opinions will vary on scope preference however for me......Leupold has ALWAYS been my go to scope.

Leupold has ALWAYS been my go-to scope.
My good friend JR raves on and on about how Leupold is the best of the best of the best. I suggest that Vortex is a great scope; JR comes right back at me with his rock-solid Leupold fanboyism. The both of us have our opinions, and we just let it stand. We don't come to blows over it. I suppose Leupold makes a dam-ned good scope; my problem with them is that they do not make a 6-24X model which is what I'd want for 1000 yards. What I really want is a Nightforce but them batsards are so flunkin' expensive, you'd have to think more than twice before you throw down the VISA card...

mmmmmmm...Nightforce. (sigh)

Mounted a Sig Sauer on the Bergara 6.5 Creedmore.

Just changed scope on my 308. Went with Vortex.

E18C4885-E1AB-4951-975F-E1DC9DC3080A.jpeg

Last Edited:
I Want to love on Leupy optics, but cant get them to maintain zero on the hard kickers like my .300 and .338, let alone my .375, so..............
What i really love are the old Red Field optics, man are they bright and clear, and hold up really well, even against a .50 BMG!
Long before Night Force, there was Red Field! When im looking for an optic, I Always look first for a good used one and send it in to get rebuilt and tuned, most good optic repair shops can do this pretty easy and it saves some cash over the cost of a new scope!

I had a Gen 1 Vortex Viper PST 6-24 x 50 with which I was mightily impressed after using $300 Chinese scopes for several years. If I was unable to afford a Nightforce, I'd buy the same Viper in Gen 2.

I've got . . . Millett...
I have one of their 35mm LRS-1 scopes. It's a 6-25 x 56 SFP. I paid $400-some for it a number of years ago. There is a sign on a building 432 yards from my western window. I can see what I estimate to be 3" letters on that sign. They are not crystal-clear but I can without doubt see and read them. I dismounted the Millett because it's very large-- about the size of a T-ball bat. I doubt I'll ever find anyone to buy it, so it rests silently on the shelf beneath my TV set...

300NDM-image.JPG

I have one of their 35mm LRS-1 scopes. It's a 6-25 x 56 SFP. I paid $400-some for it a number of years ago. There is a sign on a building 432 yards from my western window. I can see what I estimate to be 3" letters on that sign. They are not crystal-clear but I can without doubt see and read them. I dismounted the Millett because it's very large-- about the size of a T-ball bat. I doubt I'll ever find anyone to buy it, so it rests silently on the shelf beneath my TV set...

View attachment 6674

My gunsmith swears by them. I have mine on one of my Creemoors.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top