JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking at the gun show calendars for Arizona and Nevada, it looks like you guys have multiple companies running shows down there. Which do you prefer and why?

Gosh it would be cool to go to a big gun show in AZ. I bet the pricing is better than what we pay and more to choose from since they have more freedoms when it comes to guns.

I've always had the same thought, an assumption that the prices would be more reasonable. I wonder if this is just a 'grass is always greener' type thing.

The best show in Phoenix is in December. The SAR show has the most vendors and lookers. Sponsored by Crossroads, come on down south.
Tommy

Yep, like Tommy said, the show here in December is really quite nice. It's the Crossroads combined with the SAR (Small Arms Review). Gets a lot more vendors, is 3 days long and one of the few times that one might find an actual deal or two. Last December my wife and I bought a really nice steel target set up for a substantial discount.

I've only been to the Crossroads shows.
There are some deals there if you look.
Lots of the vendor booths are simply local firearms dealers that close their stores and hang out in their booths for the duration of the show. The one thing I DID find deals on was ammo. The first year I bought ammo and carried it around all day. DUMB MOVE!!! The next year I brought a hand dolly and rolled the ammo around from booth to booth. It is a little unnerving to hear 1500 people racking slides and going clickety click with triggers all day - regardless of where they are aimed. LOL

It's all good though. Not a single round was fired and nobody was bleeding!

Thanks for the info guys! Wondering if there isn't some way we can partner with them or specific vendors to spread the word about Southwest Firearms.

Gosh it would be cool to go to a big gun show in AZ. I bet the pricing is better than what we pay and more to choose from since they have more freedoms when it comes to guns.
cheaper prices at shows. depends on who you ask. i stay in Glendale so i check two shops for most purchases. one usually has better prices but the other does layaway. as i recall neither shop goes to the shows. overpriced spaces for exhibitors or something like that. i enjoy shows but trust "my" local shops....

Last Edited:
cheaper prices at shows. depends on who you ask. i stay in Glendale so i check two shops for most purchases. one usually has better prices but the other does layaway. as i recall neither shop goes to the shows. overpriced spaces for exhibitors or something like that. i enjoy shows but trust "my" local shops....

I think this is the way to go, providing you can find shops you trust to give you a good deal and treat you fairly.

Sorry, but the real truth is in Arizona, all the big gun shows cost more and the deals cost more too.
Wanna save money instead of going to the Big Gun Show--Head over to Wal-Mart

I've only been to the Crossroads shows.
There are some deals there if you look.
Lots of the vendor booths are simply local firearms dealers that close their stores and hang out in their booths for the duration of the show. The one thing I DID find deals on was ammo. The first year I bought ammo and carried it around all day. DUMB MOVE!!! The next year I brought a hand dolly and rolled the ammo around from booth to booth. It is a little unnerving to hear 1500 people racking slides and going clickety click with triggers all day - regardless of where they are aimed. LOL

It's all good though. Not a single round was fired and nobody was bleeding!

Awww you missed out, I was at the Mesa Gun show years ago, when a round was discharged. To this day that gun show sucks, due to the extra police presence, which does little to keep another round from accidentally going off
I'm glad you were able to pay the money to park and enter the show & still found some ammo for less $$

Sorry, but the real truth is in Arizona, all the big gun shows cost more and the deals cost more too.
Wanna save money instead of going to the Big Gun Show--Head over to Wal-Mart

I spent mothers day weekend in AZ with my daughter and son in law. Gotta say I was really shocked to see the prices higher than what we pay here in the PNW. :confused:

What part of cave creek do you live in? My daughter lives really close to the intersection of N Cave Creek Rd and E Deer Valley Rd;)

I spent mothers day weekend in AZ with my daughter and son in law. Gotta say I was really shocked to see the prices higher than what we pay here in the PNW. :confused:

What part of cave creek do you live in? My daughter lives really close to the intersection of N Cave Creek Rd and E Deer Valley Rd;)

I'm about 20,000 numbers north in a little town called Cave Creek

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top