JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Currently have a 870 for HD. Decked out with mag extension, side saddle. Magpul furniture, light, etc... really been wanting a Benelli M2 tactical just because I love Benelli and like semi autos. Currently own 2 Benelli shotguns. SBE and Legacy. Dont have alot of rounds through the legacy but probably have 2000 plus rounds through SBE without a single hiccup of any kind whatsoever. So I'm thinking about selling the 870 and replacing with M2... any reason not too?

Currently have a 870 for HD. Decked out with mag extension, side saddle. Magpul furniture, light, etc... really been wanting a Benelli M2 tactical just because I love Benelli and like semi autos. Currently own 2 Benelli shotguns. SBE and Legacy. Dont have alot of rounds through the legacy but probably have 2000 plus rounds through SBE without a single hiccup of any kind whatsoever. So I'm thinking about selling the 870 and replacing with M2... any reason not too?
Welp, it's good to have options for when a semi-auto or a pump-action is best for whatever scenario…. I have three Mossberg pump-action M500's and two M930 semi-autos and will NEVER get rid of them.

IMHO I say keep your R870 and pick up an M2 if you can find one.

Last Edited:
I have an 870, with a couple of mods, I thought about a mag extension but decided against it. If I can not put down the evil doors with 5 rounds I have no business keeping my stuff. I reload and use off the shelf BB's and a power piston of 1 and 1/4 ounce. I have cut 2x4's in half if I am close enough, 5 yards. The muzzle protector is the last line of defense. The prongs are sharp. Really used for slamming against the wa,ll and blowing out hinges. I really want to keep my gun fire from the shotgun inside my home. If I have to I have a 1911 in the drawer with a green laser.

870.jpg

I've pretty much stopped selling guns, I always seem to regret it! I have both a 90's-era 870 Police and a Benelli M4. I view them as different shotguns for different purposes. If you must sell the 870 to get the Benelli, I don't think you'll regret it. If I could have only one it'd be the Benelli all day :)

Before you get the Benelli try a Berretta 1301. I pick up one Pro Comp added a Picatinny rail to it with Primary Arms Red dot ACS CQB reticle, 21-inch barrel, and a Steiner light. l shot a qualification with it and after the qual was able to hit targets with slugs out to 280 yards on the first shot, It is lighter and faster than my Benelli HK Marked Tactical. With the Mag pull stock on it, I have made it my duty shotgun with a Van Comp 870 as a backup.

Berretta 1301 Pro.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top