JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My nephew lives in S-dale and we were just talking about it being closed.
I had said that as large as that facility is they should be able to keep the civil distancing pretty easily, and maybe they could require phone reservations in advance, no brainer I'm thinking!
Gabby

I was just there the other day. Reservations are for 50 min blocks at $5 per block. No paper targets allowed for shooting groups. You can only shoot on their steel. Not a bad deal if all you want is to go blast away for 50 min.

I was just there the other day. Reservations are for 50 min blocks at $5 per block. No paper targets allowed for shooting groups. You can only shoot on their steel. Not a bad deal if all you want is to go blast away for 50 min.

Yeah, that doesn't sound bad at all.

I go to the range with a purpose. Just banging away at their steel is not going to do it for me. This is one of those places where the restrictions only serve to prove they can put them in place, and force them on you.
Can anyone point to someone who got sick handling a used target? If it was a concern have the shooter pick them up before they can leave. And I can't see any benefit to keeping the RSO from helping a shooter having problems. They are what keeps ranges safe. How many times have they stopped someone from doing dumb things before they hurt themselves or someone else. This is not a good idea. DR

I just drove past there the other day as well. Now I'm back in the rainy PNW and it sucks!!! Damn my house needs to sell so I can get back to AZ ASAP.

I go to the range with a purpose. Just banging away at their steel is not going to do it for me. This is one of those places where the restrictions only serve to prove they can put them in place, and force them on you.
Can anyone point to someone who got sick handling a used target? If it was a concern have the shooter pick them up before they can leave. And I can't see any benefit to keeping the RSO from helping a shooter having problems. They are what keeps ranges safe. How many times have they stopped someone from doing dumb things before they hurt themselves or someone else. This is not a good idea. DR

I see your point. If I was testing loads then I would want paper. But banging on steel is a great way to spend some time if you need to get out and burn some energy.

Anyone use Joe Foss Shooting range? I been there several times, it's safe, secure, outdoors, and you can practically shoot any firearm you want to bring. They are open on Fri, Sat, & Sun. with online reservations at $5.00 for 90 minutes. Yes they have Range officers, rules that are highly enforced, but i'm good with it.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top