Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Basic hand gun training classes in the Phoenix area

11Charlie

Reactions
I need your help guys!! I would like to take a class with my SIL when I am in town over Christmas this year. Where would you go to take training classes on hand guns? He has handled them before but gotta be honest he could use some help and its probably better if its not from me.

I'm thinking that If I take it with him he wouldn't be so intimidated. My goal is to also buy him a hand gun for Christmas. He will be a new father and they love the outdoors so I want him to be prepared since he is responsible for my granddaughter. For god sake just yesterday they sent me a picture of a bobcat in there neighborhood.

Thanks in advance guys for the help.

Reactions
I can't speak from personal experience, but my cousin who lives in Mesa has taken a couple of classes from C2 Tactical by the airport. He spoke highly of the staff, instruction, and prices.

OP
11Charlie

11Charlie

Reactions
I can't speak from personal experience, but my cousin who lives in Mesa has taken a couple of classes from C2 Tactical by the airport. He spoke highly of the staff, instruction, and prices.
Thank you I will check them out.

Reactions
How long are you going to be here and how long are you willing to commit to a class or two? Where are you staying while you are here? Is this SIL as in Son-in-Law?

Phoenix is loaded with indoor ranges that offer classes and there are classes given at outdoor locations too.

C2, Shooters World, Scottsdale Gun club are just three and any of them would be good.

OP
11Charlie

11Charlie

Reactions
How long are you going to be here and how long are you willing to commit to a class or two? Where are you staying while you are here? Is this SIL as in Son-in-Law?

Phoenix is loaded with indoor ranges that offer classes and there are classes given at outdoor locations too.

C2, Shooters World, Scottsdale Gun club are just three and any of them would be good.
We will be about 10 min north east of Scottsdale.

Reactions
I have a female friend who is an NRA certified Instructor. She.s been through the Gunsite courses. She's a retired NYC LEO and Rikers Island Guard. She's out of Rio Rico is the only thing........her and her boyfriend own Baja Guns there in town.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Mountain America Expo
9575 State St, Sandy, UT 84070, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Arizona Firearms - Tempe
    5.00 star(s)
    Every time I go in there I leave with what I needed and without feeling like my wallet was raped.
    • Mrjenkins
  • Arizona Firearms - Tempe
    5.00 star(s)
    Anyone in Phoenix area should check out Arizona Firearms on University and Priest. They have a big selection of firearms and have great prices.
    • JonathanB
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to. The good employees are great to talk with. The...
    • Gunsandgars
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    4.00 star(s)
    I have purchased new and used from them. I was lucky a while back and they had a Armalite AR10A with a lot of accessories that I just had to have...
    • Belevolk
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno Shooters Supply is where I usually go for any of my...
    • wildcat455