JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fire season will be coming to Nevada pretty soon. It's still possible to go into the desert to shoot but if you do and start a fire, you'll be fined $10,000 to put it out. It may cost five million to extinguish the fire but the fine is still $10,000 because not many have five million dollars laying-around for such a purpose. The fine is more a deterrent than it is a penalty.

I am still completely surprised that they allow the sale of recreational explosives while simultaneously trying to deny us our 2A rights whenever possible.
It's because the separated components are not explosive until a great force is applied in an extremely short period of time, such as a bullet striking the container in which the mixed components are held. To use Tannerite as a planted bomb would require a mechanical system to compress the comingled components. The best way to do that would be to employ a second explosive, which would obviate the Tannerite. I'd guess the yield of Tannerite is quite small when compared to genuine explosives. I'm not certain because I've never used any nor actually seen any detonated.

If you'd like to see how fast explosions can be, view this youtube video:

Something really neat about explosions is that a very heavy cover placed over the borehole of an underground atomic bomb test was sent upward at 134,000 miles per hour. That's five times the escape velocity for the Earth. The cover was never found. It may have been sent into orbit. That part is at about 9:00 into the video.

It's because the separated components are not explosive until a great force is applied in an extremely short period of time, such as a bullet striking the container in which the mixed components are held. To use Tannerite as a planted bomb would require a mechanical system to compress the comingled components. The best way to do that would be to employ a second explosive, which would obviate the Tannerite. I'd guess the yield of Tannerite is quite small when compared to genuine explosives. I'm not certain because I've never used any nor actually seen any detonated.

If you'd like to see how fast explosions can be, view this youtube video:

Something really neat about explosions is that a very heavy cover placed over the borehole of an underground atomic bomb test was sent upward at 134,000 miles per hour. That's five times the escape velocity for the Earth. The cover was never found. It may have been sent into orbit. That part is at about 9:00 into the video.

Crazy video. Wish I had known. I would have set both of my ex-wives on top of that cover and sent THEM into outer space. Haha! Of course it could have started an intergalactic war because they were both so evil they would have been considered WMD. LMAO!

Being fairly new to the western side of the country, dealing with fires and and the seasonal restrictions they incur is a learning experience for me. Been out here for 4 yrs and there's a been a fire here every year. I miss the thunderstorms of the midwest :)

I miss the thunderstorms of the Midwest.
I came to Nevada from the northern Shenandoah Valley in Virginia in Fall 2004. I hated that place. The winters are wet and sloppy. The summers are sticky-humid. Every afternoon during the summer at around 1600, the skies open-up and sheets of warm rain come down for about fifteen minutes. It's the humidity finally falling out of the heavy, suffocating air. After the rain, the steam rises off the pavement that's been heated by the sun all day. If you're thin and in shape, you don't feel so miserable. But if you're a fat and slovenly pile of useless flab like me, it's pure helsinki. You just stand there and sweat like a hog. I moved here so I could shoot on these thousands of open acres. The low humidity is just icing on the cake. The skies are sunny here 300 days per year. It's a good bet that you'll have sun when you get some time to head-out to the desert to shoot or ride your dirtbike. Around these parts, "high humidity" is maybe twenty-five percent.

Being fairly new to the western side of the country, dealing with fires and and the seasonal restrictions they incur is a learning experience for me. Been out here for 4 yrs and there's a been a fire here every year. I miss the thunderstorms of the midwest :)
You need to come to Phoenix in August.....

1589847678448.jpeg

Grew up in southern Michigan. I miss the summer rains, but not the winter snows and all the &%^ humidity! All in all, the west is the best!

today the az forest service closed 3 forests tonto ,presscott and the coronado due to fire concerns and the 2 dipsticks who started a fire with tanerite thank you morons.
Have you seen how they use the state trust land to keep shooters out of large areas? Trust land is set up a lot of times like a checker board. Lands behind there checker boards are cut off They have used these lands to keep us off other. I remember when there was no place you couldn't go in the mountains surrounding Phoenix. When a fire does start up in those mountains they let them burn out The only thing that burns longer than a couple minutes are iron wood trees. They burn all night.

I have been an Arizona resident for many years (Since 1972). Much has change except for the restriction on State Trust land (ie Target Shooting). Years ago OHV's were also banned. The difference there was little enforcement. I road my Dirt Bike for years on trust land and also target shot there. I always bought a hunting permit which is still allowed on State Trust land. Since yotes don't have a season, the only requirement was a hunting permit, if made no difference to me. I was always hunting yotes.

The fire season closures have been around longer than I've been here and for good reason. I have observed over the years and experience a fire caused by JHP rounds. I also have experienced tracer rounds and how quick both can start a wild fire. The good news when this happened to me, I always had some support and plenty of water + shovels to extinguish these small fires quickly.

This year has been seen alot of precipitation thru out last fall and this spring. Most desert plants have short live spans on grow when there is alot of rain. Glad they closed it early. We don't need more fires.
Don't complain about it because it has been and will be a common summer occurrence.

I came to Nevada from the northern Shenandoah Valley in Virginia in Fall 2004. I hated that place. The winters are wet and sloppy. The summers are sticky-humid. Every afternoon during the summer at around 1600, the skies open-up and sheets of warm rain come down for about fifteen minutes. It's the humidity finally falling out of the heavy, suffocating air. After the rain, the steam rises off the pavement that's been heated by the sun all day. If you're thin and in shape, you don't feel so miserable. But if you're a fat and slovenly pile of useless flab like me, it's pure helsinki. You just stand there and sweat like a hog. I moved here so I could shoot on these thousands of open acres. The low humidity is just icing on the cake. The skies are sunny here 300 days per year. It's a good bet that you'll have sun when you get some time to head-out to the desert to shoot or ride your dirtbike. Around these parts, "high humidity" is maybe twenty-five percent.
Sounds like the Poconos of Pa where I grew up!!

BW

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top