JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I decided to take a chance and order one of these based on several You Tube comparisons. Along with the fact I have always felt that Atlas Bipods were way overpriced for what they are. It came the other day, and on first inspection I must say I'm very pleased with the overall quality. The plated finish seems very durable. The threads and screws, along with the rail attachment point and legs all tightened up very securely.

I won't know for sure how well it's going to deliver until I mount it on a rifle, and get it out to the range for a good workout. That will probably happen next week some time. I have several AR's I can mount it on. Most likely one of my scoped Colt's or Bushmasters. If they run as well as they look, I'm going to buy several more. For $ 43.00 each they are a good deal. Certainly better than paying over $ 250.00 for an original Atlas. I can't gas up my truck for $ 43.00 these days.

https://www.amazon.com/Twod-Rifle-B...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4XT8JXF6XF6E0KWY801C

xlffmOw.jpg

KJDeKGC.jpg

So this morning I mounted my Atlas clone up to my Colt 6940 Monolith, and headed to the range. I removed the Harris I had on it. It mounted up easily, and nice and tight. I really like this unit much better than the Harris for a couple of reasons. First is the way the legs are independently adjustable front to rear, as well as length. They have far more adjustability than the Harris units do. And it looks a lot cleaner, without all those springs hanging out everywhere. I never liked that about the Harris units. It doesn't hurt anything, but it just looks cheesy.

It also seemed to be a bit more stable. It wasn't too noticeably different shooting off a nice smooth, level concrete bench. But if you were shooting Sod Poodles in open country, on uneven ground, this Atlas clone would be a much better choice. There were a few guys there that asked if it was an Atlas. I told them no, it was a $50.00 clone. I removed it so they could get better look at it and fumble around with it. I got a few, "Where did you get it!?", questions. And I told them Amazon. So I'm sure I sold a few more.

I'm going to order a few more of them in black. They'll better match my AR's. But if anyone is interested, don't be afraid to grab one of these. It will be the best $50.00 you ever spent. Everything stayed tight that was supposed to stay tight. And everything that was adjustable, adjusted easily and wasn't sloppy. Nor did it get loose. I did pull it apart and lubricated the threads on the adjustment rings with a dab of grease before I headed out. It comes with an Allen Wrench for adjusting the legs as loose or tight as you want them. So overall I'm really happy with this unit. It does what it's supposed to do, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg doing it.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top