JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took the air pump apart and broke all of the vanes out of it and used the whole thing as a belt tightener for the ac compressor. When they inspected my truck they found the air pump and saw it was connected to the tubing like it was supposed to be.
Feels good to stick one hard & deep to the State, doesn't it? You have my respect, sir...

I appreciate the comments so far.

I have looked at the map and am fairly certain I will be within the area where testing is required so I am looking for specifics on what that testing process is and what constitutes a Pass or Fail from that process.

The emissions test is a snap test during which they monitor the tailpipe(s) for particulates. You floor the accelerator until in hits the governor. And then let off when signaled. Then they do a visual inspection for emissions equipment.

I have a 1986 chevy 1 ton diesel that passes almost always, sometimes they say their equipment isn't working and give me a pass. It is exempt now due to age/classic designation.

I had 3 different Dodge Cummins Diesels 1995, 1997, and a 2002. One of those was registered at my cabin in Prescott, but driven in Phoenix frequently. (Was not emissions tested)

I also currently have a 2008 Ford F-350 6.4 Diesel, (it may or may not be deleted and tuned). I used to take it to a shop (which may or may not have Un-deleted it) and they took it to emissions testing.

That got expensive over the years. I did try one year to do it myself by turning it down to stock levels, but could not get it to pass the particulates snap test.

The Ford is now registered/ garaged at my cabin in Prescott. I drive it frequently in the Phoenix area. Never had a problem. As far as I have noticed my tag is the same color as my other vehicles/ diesels. I'll look closer when I get home.

I have also owned 6 different VW diesels (1996 - 2015) They are not subjected to the snap test, but are tested.

The DMV does not do any verification on where they are told the vehicle is garaged. That's what I was told and found to be true in my experience.

As always your experiences may be different. I do not believe I am violating any DMV Title/ registration rules at all.

The testing requirements are on the AZ/Maricopa government web sites.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top