JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure we have, though I don't believe there's ever been one of any significance. Cops have been at my kids' school this week for a new student that apparently made some sort of threat. Stupid kid probably has no idea that the school is located right down the road from the arizona fusion center.

I read an article that said there has been a bunch of threats but can't find any thing on a actual shooting. I would really like to know if there has been one.

My kids live in phoenix and having spent so much time visiting them I can't believe that the culture in Arizona leans that way. I think in the winter time with all the snow birds it might lean more left but in general population it is a mostly right leaning state. Am I wrong?

I read an article that said there has been a bunch of threats but can't find any thing on a actual shooting. I would really like to know if there has been one.

My kids live in phoenix and having spent so much time visiting them I can't believe that the culture in Arizona leans that way. I think in the winter time with all the snow birds it might lean more left but in general population it is a mostly right leaning state. Am I wrong?

We've had a large influx of people from Chicago, California, Wisconsin, New York, Michigan and other left leaning states/cities lately. The Phoenix area, in my humble opinion, is not what it was when I was growing up. My parents escaped the east coast to a place they could mind their own business. I can't say that newcomers here are minding their own business much anymore.

We've had a large influx of people from Chicago, California, Wisconsin, New York, Michigan and other left leaning states/cities lately. The Phoenix area, in my humble opinion, is not what it was when I was growing up. My parents escaped the east coast to a place they could mind their own business. I can't say that newcomers here are minding their own business much anymore.

That sucks man! I always felt that Arizona was like Idaho and one of the last free states. :(

That sucks man! I always felt that Arizona was like Idaho and one of the last free states. :(

I think it is in some ways if you get out of the metro areas of Phoenix, Tucson or Flag. Phoenix seems to be going the way of other big cities. Bums galore compared to years past. The "red for ed" thing really opened my eyes to the changes going on around here. Hopefully we can get a more clear picture of how much the state has or hasn't changed come election time.

Couple Christmas's ago we went down and fed the homeless to go our good deed. Was shocked how that part of town looked. Was cool though that some of the Arizona Cardinals showed up. Got to meet David Johnson.

Perimeter fences, sally ports and metal detectors. If the little darlings get all bunshurt about "being in prison," maybe they'd like to answer about how they'd feel being six feet under. The laxity and permissiveness of the law these days has brought to us these problems. It's now time to get tough. We can't keep the alleged students out of the schools, so we have to keep the bandits out of the schools. I doubt the murderer in Parkland would have gotten very far in trying to sneak his weapon into the school if my above-suggested safeguards were in place.

Man why do Kommifornian's have to F@$K it up for everyone?
Because they truly believe that the whole country wants to be degraded into the same sorry state that is Kalifonia. They bring their long hair, dope habits and irresponsible debauchery out of the State with them, along with their ultra-leftist politics. Americans are politically-tolerant of other ideas, unlike in some Eastern European countries where opposing ideologies might very well get you killed.

So the freaks leave Kalifonia to escape the taxes and bring their wacko politics to other States. We're seeing this in Las Vegas. The liberal Los Angeles loonies move there, which causes the population of Clark County to explode. Fully two-thirds of Nevada's population lives in Clark County, which all but negates the votes of the residents in the other sixteen counties. We solve ballot issues by simple-majority vote. Clark County pretty much decides for the whole State. I'd like to see us go to an electoral college model, which would allow the sixteen lesser-populated counties to have an equal voice against what Clark County decides. Such would require an amendment to our State Constitution, which would make Clark County (1.8 million) as loud in an election as is Mineral County (4772 in 2017). Yeah; like that's ever gonna happen...

Perimeter fences, sally ports and metal detectors. If the little darlings get all bunshurt about "being in prison," maybe they'd like to answer about how they'd feel being six feet under. The laxity and permissiveness of the law these days has brought to us these problems. It's now time to get tough. We can't keep the alleged students out of the schools, so we have to keep the bandits out of the schools. I doubt the murderer in Parkland would have gotten very far in trying to sneak his weapon into the school if my above-suggested safeguards were in place.
We definitely need to harden security around our schools. On the day of the Parkland shooting a former student was able to just walk on my daughters HS campus. Banks, gov't buildings, airports all have better security than our school campuses. And they are all gun free zones. It's as if they want it to happen.

Because they truly believe that the whole country wants to be degraded into the same sorry state that is Kalifonia. They bring their long hair, dope habits and irresponsible debauchery out of the State with them, along with their ultra-leftist politics. Americans are politically-tolerant of other ideas, unlike in some Eastern European countries where opposing ideologies might very well get you killed.

So the freaks leave Kalifonia to escape the taxes and bring their wacko politics to other States. We're seeing this in Las Vegas. The liberal Los Angeles loonies move there, which causes the population of Clark County to explode. Fully two-thirds of Nevada's population lives in Clark County, which all but negates the votes of the residents in the other sixteen counties. We solve ballot issues by simple-majority vote. Clark County pretty much decides for the whole State. I'd like to see us go to an electoral college model, which would allow the sixteen lesser-populated counties to have an equal voice against what Clark County decides. Such would require an amendment to our State Constitution, which would make Clark County (1.8 million) as loud in an election as is Mineral County (4772 in 2017). Yeah; like that's ever gonna happen...
Unfortunately it is the same here in Phoenix where a liberal mayor was elected and through a back room deal we became a sanctuary city. Now the lawless illegals have free reign, they can hide here in Phoenix or make a run for the border. The liberal politics are ruining the state.

I just spent a few minutes reading the Safe Arizona Schools plan, someone please explain how background checks are going to reduce school shootings? If we continue to have our most cherished possessions in a box that may not stop a marshmallow. We are indeed stupid. I would think that a multi point plan could get the support of the law makers. Where they are going to get the millions to fund it is another situation entirely.

I just spent a few minutes reading the Safe Arizona Schools plan, someone please explain how background checks are going to reduce school shootings? If we continue to have our most cherished possessions in a box that may not stop a marshmallow. We are indeed stupid. I would think that a multi point plan could get the support of the law makers. Where they are going to get the millions to fund it is another situation entirely.
Maybe we can get the Red for Ed group to extort it from the taxpayers as they did to get a 20% raise in pay.

The Safe Schools Act, a violation of Due Process, 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendments, died in the Legislature. That submission cost Steve Smith his "+" from the NRA. While the Deuce says he must pass this, every time he opens his flappy yap more eople look to Kene Bennet in this primery, as he is for armed schools. My son has a home made bullet resistant backpack with an old Level IIIA soft pael backing up a level III hard steel panel. Heavy, but as he said, "If it saves my life, I don't care."
As for politics, Tucson has been a Demonrat stronghold since I was hatched down there, and Phoenix also went that way, The REST of the state, which does actually balance the big cities, is solid Republican/conservative. Also, Phoenix is not a sanctuary city anymore - we killed that at the state level. They still don't play well, but that's normal for Phoenix. We do need to motivate more voters, like my son, who cast his first ever ballot, and get them involved.

When phony Tucson POS's like Kozachick run as Republican, then change to dumbasscrat after winning the election, there's not much you can do. My town is full of snowbirds from WA, MI, MN and IL, some of whom like to vote twice, and their BS attitude and stupidity don't make it easy to keep the field even, much less keep the Constitution supporters in office.

I don't understand how the dopes complain about taxes, but vote for all the give away SANCTUARY CITY programs and get rich schemes the representatives keep alive and grasping for more.

All the snowbirds should stay at home and freeze during a blizzard. At least the traffic would be better while they're gone.

Last Edited:
The streets and street repair in the Tucson area is done by contractors who are low bid. The IDIOTS who release the contracts are the ones that need to be replaced. Just removing snow birds would not put a dent in the ridiculousness of it all. I live near Cortaro Farms, they shut down Orange Grove getting off the freeway going N. Ina is closed for a new over the rail road bridge and then the brain surgeons release a contract to repave Linda Vista and at roughly the same time another construct project for Cortaro. Completely screwing up the traffic pattern for 4 interchanges off the freeway heading east. Linda Vista is two lane blacktop that eventually connects with Twin Peaks.
Sure will be glad when my new home is done over north of Vail on the far east part of Tucson.

When you live in Green Valley you can comment on Green Valley. Until you do, you cant speak for the problems here. I thought I said the REPRESENTATIVES keep get rich schemes alive and grasping for more? Sorry you misunderstood!

And remember that at least you are having roadwork done on your roads.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top