JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was over on that Arizonagonowners site. Man, talk about a cold shoulder!! Sit around for six months & make 100 posts to be able to see a map of shooting spots??? At 74 I could be dead in six months. That was the other negative about Joe Foss range. After chatting with Stan in the office for 20 minutes I got 1 hello & 1 nod on the range. About 20 shooters. Oh well guess they didn't have their coffee yet!

BW

I found this
check each club's website to confirm before heading to a match:
PRGC Phoenix Rod and Gun Club | Serving the Valley of the Sun since 1937
RSSC Rio Salado Sportsman's Club – The East Valley's Premier Outdoor Shooting Range
BASF Desert Sharpshooters Rifle Club
TRC Tucson Rifle Club Index Page
AZLRPS AZ Long Range PRS
[email protected]
Arizona RifleShooting

The last one CMP might rattle something in the back of some brains.
I have never been much of a joiner. Todays nonsense about databases, I am very sure I do not want my name on some roll that some day might make it hard for me to breathe. I would like to be that anonymous person that no one knows much about.
Shooting spots can not be much of a secret. After all you looking for a large open area with a back stop.
Have you visited with local LEO's? I have found some interesting things when talking to them.

Thank you. I think I've visited these web sites. Most are shorter ranges or high power matches. I just shoot benchrest. Can't crawl around like I used to. 37 years in construction has ruined my body. LOL I'm not much of a joiner either. I do shoot a match at BRPC once a month but that's it for comp. I did talk to one Buckeye LEO. He said I can shoot in the BLM White Tank land across the road from our community. But to watch out for hikers & off roaders. I find that difficult at 1000 yards so I'll just avoid that area. Don't need jail time.

BW

LOL I wouldn't call them names but they are kind of standoffish. Back in PA where I grew up we encouraged new members to our groups. Yeah I get the "meathead mentality of not cleaning up after you're done shooting". Been on a few cleanups in Nevada desert with the BLM. PITA But It's their forum so their rules. Just hope I don't meet one that needs help. :)

BW

I was over on that Arizonagonowners site. Man, talk about a cold shoulder!! Sit around for six months & make 100 posts to be able to see a map of shooting spots??? At 74 I could be dead in six months. That was the other negative about Joe Foss range. After chatting with Stan in the office for 20 minutes I got 1 hello & 1 nod on the range. About 20 shooters. Oh well guess they didn't have their coffee yet!

BW
I just went over to the Arizonagunowners.com website. I'm not even a member there & I can access the map of all the posted shooting sites: Arizona Shooting Locations - ArizonaGunOwners.com

They don't look like a very dynamic group - most topics don't show posting threads any newer than June or early July.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top