Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Arizona outdoor shooting areas

Reactions
Since I can't post in AOSA thread I'll [post here. Anybody have a good LR area in or near Buckeye. Moving there in Nov. Sun City Festival. Also looking for shooting partners in SCF.

Thanks

BW

Reactions
Only places I know of are sycamore creek and south of maricopa city over in vikol valley just north of table top mountain. I'm not sure if four peaks is open for shooting anymore. And Bushnell tanks has been closed for years. All are east valley though. I hope you find a good spot

Reactions
I read somewhere that the city of Buckeye was considering opening one or more shooting areas in the near future. The old one (I believe near Miller road- never shot there so I can't say how that was) was closed a while ago due to an accidental death due to a stray bullet, and because people were constantly shooting up a Cox cable junction causing the cable and internet to go out for a lot of people.

Does anyone have any updates on this?

Reactions
The 300-yard range a bit east of Carson City is finally going to re-open in several more months. It's been closed for quite a while because someone complained about stray rounds ending-up in the open-pit mine really close to the range. The place was pretty nice: No fees, no RSOs, no fences, no gates, seven days a week from sunrise to sunset and covered benches. It's about an hour from me so I never went there very often; it's just nice to know the place will be operational again after so long a time closed and inaccessible. We have plenty of desert around here, but none of it has covered benches...

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Bass Pro Shops - Las Vegas
    4.00 star(s)
    2 pistol and 2 rifle ranges. Not too bad of a layout but they are tight.
    • djthumper
  • Nellis Gun Club
    3.00 star(s)
    Tried to take my Scouts out for Rifle Merit Badge Qualifications and it took a while to make contact with them for when we could go use the range...
    • djthumper
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    When I can get there, I never leave without buying something I needs, because they always have something I need!
    • armoredman
  • New Frontier Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    Great store and inventory, they have a lot of items. The staff is always friendly and helpful. This place gets really busy and you have to take a...
    • djthumper
  • Las Vegas Shooting Center
    5.00 star(s)
    Lots of room to get around in the store. The range looked nicely lit. Friendly staff.
    • djthumper

ONLINE NOW