JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember my senior year at high school, I used to keep all my guns in my car cause I wasn't sure my parents would have approved of my having a bunch of guns, I mean I don't think they would have enjoyed knowing their lil' billy had a car full of guns & ammo & reloading tools & supplies. Even so my school never had a shooter, we never even knew it could be a problem.

I do remember getting suspended for the case of beer in the car, but it seemed more like a couple of much-needed days off--Anyhow nobody ever feared or even mentioned my guns,
I guess that beer was considered to be much more dangerous, at the time

You know Israel had a school shooting and in the aftermath they trained and armed the teachers. Since that time there has been 2 school shootings, in both there was only two deaths, both the shooter. Any one telling you they want to save you by taking the tools you would use to save your self. is a fool or a tyrant and you wouldn't trust either.

Lawmakers can do nothing to protect our school children by creating new laws, and their promises are nothing more than political pandering. Criminals and mentally disturbed people do not obey laws.

More laws crafted to take away peoples' freedom for the promise of security will not make our schools a sanctuary of learning. It would be more effective if the legislature forced conviction rate oriented prosecutors to properly charge criminals, lenient judges to impose sentences along with mandated guidelines, and parole boards from granting parole to criminals that use firearms to commit their crime.

We need to have real jurists working in our courts rather than social apologists.

That said, Israeli school teachers are not armed. Schools do have armed security, but teachers being armed is a myth.

I say you take all of our vets with all that training and pay them to be security at schools. I know I would throw on a vest and volunteer my time to stand in front of a local school couple times a month.

I did one 8 hour shift, with other parents, a week at my daughter's high school. We controlled all access to the school, logged in visitors, and issued ID passes. This was just after I retired from the State Police and was waiting for the Special Agent job to start. Lasted till the end of the year and they stopped the program.

Lawmakers have no interest in public safety. They point at laws that are on the books and shrug, "What else can I do?" They don't want to spend money for an armed police state in the schools, nor do we want to start an armed police state. Teachers may or may not want to carry guns in the schools. Would there be a blanket liability policy covering those who would want to carry in school? School officials are more interested in not being sued due to the actions of an armed guard/teacher. The Supreme Court has ruled the police have no responsibility in protecting you. The parents are left holding the issue of safety in their hands and that opinion is highly polarized. While I advocate every teacher being armed in a school, they must train consistently to be effective.
I'm no expert on the subject, but it seems we start with mental health issues of children.

Lawmakers have no interest in public safety. They point at laws that are on the books and shrug, "What else can I do?" They don't want to spend money for an armed police state in the schools, nor do we want to start an armed police state. Teachers may or may not want to carry guns in the schools. Would there be a blanket liability policy covering those who would want to carry in school? School officials are more interested in not being sued due to the actions of an armed guard/teacher. The Supreme Court has ruled the police have no responsibility in protecting you. The parents are left holding the issue of safety in their hands and that opinion is highly polarized. While I advocate every teacher being armed in a school, they must train consistently to be effective.
I'm no expert on the subject, but it seems we start with mental health issues of children.

I honestly feel the school situation is somewhat similar to the airplane situation we used to have, with regards to the hassle pilots were put through in order to be able to carry in their cockpits. Of course, not every teacher or pilot wishes to carry, but criminals are much less safe when they don't have a clue exactly who may be armed & that little bit of doubt can make a huge difference in the outcome

I did notice the 'distracted driving' law was pushed through without too much effort on the part of our lawmakers, so it isn't like they are completely unable to make laws that can be helpful to AZ citizens

I honestly feel the school situation is somewhat similar to the airplane situation we used to have, with regards to the hassle pilots were put through in order to be able to carry in their cockpits. Of course, not every teacher or pilot wishes to carry, but criminals are much less safe when they don't have a clue exactly who may be armed & that little bit of doubt can make a huge difference in the outcome

I did notice the 'distracted driving' law was pushed through without too much effort on the part of our lawmakers, so it isn't like they are completely unable to make laws that can be helpful to AZ citizens
True. Let's hope for the best from our lawmakers.

These tyrants are worse than that. They lurk in the dark waiting for the next shooting to exploit the next victims of the gun free zone. Tyrants can't have absolute rule on an armed population. They must think we are as stupid as their voting base. No one I know believes any politician who says I want to keep you safe by taking the tools you would use to keep you and your family safe. All they have done is tip their hand and the media justice would take the lot of them out in the desert and come back alone.
My 14 year old grandson put a photo of him holding a BB gun on face book. It wasn't to show off. If he wanted to show off he had plenty of photos of him shooting a lot more exotic weapons. 10 parents of children he goes to school with didn't call the school, they called Glendale Police Department who came to the school and questioned the boy. Asking him a thousand questions. The problem is these 10 people probably vote. We need to change the requirement to vote from age to IQ and save us a revolution.

NRA says they have a program to protect the kids in school, and that it won't cost the school district a dime. Just heard on Reno radio this morning that our state legislature has allocated $43 million to protect the kids in our schools. $21 million of it is for social workers who, let me guess, are most likely anti-gun in their beliefs. I do not write "thinking" because the anti-gun do not think; they take decisions based upon their emotions at the moment the decision is taken...

I did one 8 hour shift, with other parents, a week at my daughter's high school. We controlled all access to the school, logged in visitors, and issued ID passes. This was just after I retired from the State Police and was waiting for the Special Agent job to start. Lasted till the end of the year and they stopped the program.

Unfortunately I have concluded that our lawmakers need these dead children in order to circumvent the Constitution & Bill of Rights, otherwise they could just remove the No Gun zones & go back to normal. Certainly explains why the program needed to end

Thank you South West Firearms for an update e-mail for this blog. It reminded of an e-mal I need to send my gun grabbing senator, Marin Quezada of AZ District 29. I WILL TRY TO BE NICE but it's hard showing respect to someone I rank lower than dog lawn décor.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top