JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want to carry concealed in a restaurant or bar (places that serve alcohol) and they allow it, you need to have your CCW permit. There are a couple of other exceptions, but I can't seem to locate them (our legislature really needs to go back to law writing class).
Add national parks and gun-free school zones to your list. Constitutional Carry does not apply; you need a permit. Additionally, gun-free school zones are measured from the school property line outward. I have a charter school around the corner from my home. Going out to the mail box means entering the school's gun-free zone. The CPL gives me a lot of peace of mind.

Add national parks and gun-free school zones to your list. Constitutional Carry does not apply; you need a permit. Additionally, gun-free school zones are measured from the school property line outward. I have a charter school around the corner from my home. Going out to the mail box means entering the school's gun-free zone. The CPL gives me a lot of peace of mind.

Actually, you can carry in a national park if it is legal to do so in your state. You only need the CCW to carry concealed in a national park - open carry is allowed with no permit.

If you want to have a gun in a school zone you need a ccw and a locking compartment in your car

Correct even if you are just picking up your kids at school. As soon as your on their grounds, it needs to be locked up. But I know of nobody that has been hit with this. I live within 1000' of the local elementary school. Every time I had go there is remind them they need to insure all of their GATES are locked. Many times they were open over the years.

I filled out the application, made a copy of my DD214, (my Washington County Oregon CHL had expired right after we moved to AJ), I got my fingerprints taken at Mr. Silencer in Mesa and got a $60 money order at WalMart. Sent it all in to AZ DPS (Department of Public Safety) in Phoenix on 8/20/2020.

My application was processed and my CCW was registered by AZ on 8/28/2020. I received the card in the mail the following Thursday.

I filled out the application, made a copy of my DD214, (my Washington County Oregon CHL had expired right after we moved to AJ), I got my fingerprints taken at Mr. Silencer in Mesa and got a $60 money order at WalMart. Sent it all in to AZ DPS (Department of Public Safety) in Phoenix on 8/20/2020.

My application was processed and my CCW was registered by AZ on 8/28/2020. I received the card in the mail the following Thursday.

Show off :D

Personally, I don't care. The 2A is my right, which supersedes whatever law a liberal thinks it means. Carry On.........that's a joke son. But I do, Carry on.....

I've carried a handgun for 46 years and have NEVER, EVER been asked for my permit......

Sounds like your settling in nicely in your new home. Congrats, it is a pain in the butt to relocate.

It is amazing how fast some companies can get a background check done. I went to work for a Fortune 50 company and the background check took 24 hours. Then I added a DOE clearance for other facilities and it took about a week. Never found a need for anything higher in my career. After 9-11 a person needed to follow the rules and then there was never any problems. I spend a lot of time up in the high desert in New Mexico in what is called a "tech area". There is about 40 square miles of facilities languishing in the New Mexico high country. Some of the entry gates had signs saying "deadly force authorized" Gates large enough to drive two semis through at the same time. I followed the rules and thought carefully before I asked any questions. The company I worked for did not have a lot of people authorized to work there. Fun fact my boss at the time was Canadian. I could not discuss my work with him. Made for some interesting verbal exchanges.

Yes, getting all settled in here in AJ. House upgrades are done, everything is sorted and in its place, getting to know the neighbors and finding out all kinds of interesting places to go...when they open back up... :(

Of course we would move down here just before COVID hit and spend our first summer down here during a record heat wave summer, right? geez...

Found some folks who like to have fun with guns so we are organizing some range days, at Ben Avery and other non-improved BLM designated sites, as things cool off. Should be a lot of fun.

I am liking the area but it's gonna take some getting used to! At least those of us with Honorable discharges and a clean background aren't held up with the CCW process here. Oregon was a bit different.

Yes, getting all settled in here in AJ. House upgrades are done, everything is sorted and in its place, getting to know the neighbors and finding out all kinds of interesting places to go...when they open back up... :(

Of course we would move down here just before COVID hit and spend our first summer down here during a record heat wave summer, right? geez...

Found some folks who like to have fun with guns so we are organizing some range days, at Ben Avery and other non-improved BLM designated sites, as things cool off. Should be a lot of fun.

I am liking the area but it's gonna take some getting used to! At least those of us with Honorable discharges and a clean background aren't held up with the CCW process here. Oregon was a bit different.

Let me know when you hit Ben Avery I will join you if its on a weekend. I just bought a house about 15 min from there.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top