JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just finished a 300 Blackout AR pistol build 7.5". The first time I went to the range to test fire it the trigger pulled / released but, didn't fire…
I changed out the ammo still no bang, I looked at the primers of the rounds and there is small dents / strikes but, obviously not enough to fire the round.
Note, all my parts are new and high quality, so, went home replaced the complete BCG went back and the same thing, soft strikes but, again not enough to fire the round
Can someone point me in the right direction to why this is happening or rather Not happening?
Thanks…!! 👍🏻👍🏻

image.jpg

I was just curious, i did an 80% 308 a couple years ago, the build party organizer's jig had the rear trigger pin a little off on his jig and I had the same issue, firing pin wasn't striking at the correct angle or strength and it became a paperweight. I then bought a stripped 308 lower and moved on.

I would suspect a weak trigger (especially if it is a standard mil-spec one). Hyperfire says that their triggers eliminate light primer strikes. I just installed their Hypertouch Elite into a rifle, but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Only thing I can think of, the gun wasn't going 100% completely into battery, this can cause light strikes and erratic firing/not-firing. Sometimes Lube will fix this, sometimes replacing the hammer spring/trigger parts until the gun wears in. Glad to hear it's running again!

New Resource Reviews

Back Top