JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I made sure when I built this thing that it was legal from one end to the other. I chose the "stock" of the thing because it was so much removed from the thin, "blade" type of stock. The grip under the handguard cannot be "too vertical," such that it's like the forward grip on the original Thompson M-1928A-1. I made every effort to make sure the completed gun was legal; it wasn't just thrown together without respect for what was legal and what wasn't.
Understood on the legalities issue, I wasnt tryin to say anything- sorry and my apology if it came off like that... anyways- Until after USSC "Bruinen"- best wishes! I am so looking forward to doing my own build once we see how that is all going to shake down! Ive wanted a "slab-side M16" since VN days, unobtainium in my price range but I do have an original Colt AR 15 slabside.
Ive always stayed away from FA even when they were readily available cuz of the ammo costs, but at my :eek:age and health I don't GAS anymore, would just like one to play around with before it's my time to enter Valhalla!;)

. . . I wasn't tryin' to say anything-- sorry and my apology if it came off like that...
No apologies necessary. I was not offended in any way by what you wrote. I'd not doubt that many who have built AR-type pistols have attached a stocked lower to the short-barreled upper-- even if for just a few seconds before the sense that "this is illegal" got to them and they separated the two halves. It's the owners who don't hear that little voice in their heads ... they are the ones who create so much trouble for law-abiding owners.

Nightstrike forward grip; can't be "too vertical" because a handgun cannot have a "vertical forward grip." .

View attachment 19556
Notice the difference in the angle of the forward grip between the two photographs. The grip on the rifle would be illegal on the pistol because it's "too much" toward an actual vertical grip. I have no idea why the law is as it is but we're dealing with ATF, so there is no intelligent thinking behind the question.

Windham WW-15 SRC - 600pix.jpg

You could just stock pile a few lowers and build them when you want. If its a budget build, go with anderson or aero precision lowers. There are plenty of youtube vidoes for assembly and you will then become more proficient in knowing how they work inside and out. If you really want to do a deep dive do an 80% build.

You could just stockpile a few lowers and build them when you want. If it's a budget build, go with Anderson or Aero Precision lowers. There are plenty of youtube vidoes for assembly and you will then become more proficient in knowing how they work inside and out. If you really want to do a deep dive, do an 80% build.
If I listened well-enough to the reporting by the Criminal Left Media, this latest attack on our Individual Liberty makes illegal the new-manufacture of any AR-type rifle after the law is promulgated. An American citizen could have ten 80% lowers that have had zero work done on them toward finishing those lowers toward functionality. He'd then be in violation of the law to do any work on those lowers after Dementia Joe signs the bill. If a man does indeed buy the lowers then later purchases the parts to complete the guns, it would be a walk in the park for ATF to discover when the parts were purchased-- after which the lowers were assembled into functioning rifles.

The sticking point with this bill is no new guns can be assembled or sold after the institution date, and Chucky Bullschumer knows when you bought those parts to finish-out those 80% lowers. You having the finishing parts is "intent" for the ATF, just like it's "intent" to drill the hole in a lower receiver to fit the autosear. These batsards in DC are denying the Rights of all Americans because a very small micro-minority of violent criminals illegally use inanimate firearms to commit heinous crimes.

I read it somewhere that Fidel Castro said after the Cuban Revolution, "Arms, now? For what?" According to the Cuba Archive database, the Castro regime is responsible for 10,723 deaths. I can only believe there is a terrible secret behind why the Tyranny-crat Party is so adamant to disarm Americans whose firearms have never committed a crime.

Last Edited:
For buying stripped lowers, the actual firearm is the lower which is serialized, the rest are just parts. None of the parts you would be building the rifle with are serialized or considered a firearm. an 80% is as you say a different thing altogether. Anymore since you are supposed to serialize an 80%, it make no sense and you should just buy stripped lowers.

If I listened well-enough to the reporting by the Criminal Left Media, this latest attack on our Individual Liberty makes illegal the new-manufacture of any AR-type rifle after the law is promulgated. An American citizen could have ten 80% lowers that have had zero work done on them toward finishing those lowers toward functionality. He'd then be in violation of the law to do any work on those lowers after Dementia Joe signs the bill. If a man does indeed buy the lowers then later purchases the parts to complete the guns, it would be a walk in the park for ATF to discover when the parts were purchased-- after which the lowers were assembled into functioning rifles.
To borrow from Plutarch: "Stop quoting laws to us, we carry swords" this is really just a fancy way of saying "might makes right" in much the same way any idea about "democracy" manufactures consent, while leaving out the reality of it still being a system that still depends on might making right.

All the arguments for gun control are made in bad faith, they are simply slicing away what is now, so that next time there will be less to slice away. We can argue passionately and truthfully about the merits of firearms ownership, only to be silenced by some late night dealings, some rules changes, and some key people being out of town.

If you do not have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

This will unlikely make it thru the senate. As all of us common folk know, it will not stop even one murder. Criminals dont care if something is banned or not.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top