Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up today!

AR-15 80% Lower Finishing...

OP
1971Chevelle
Reactions
I got my tooling for the jig the other day, so now I just have to wait for the jig. Brownells says it should be in stock towards the end of the month. I got a trigger guard in the mail today, and I got an anti-rotation locking cam pin set for the trigger/hammer (it was on sale for less than 50% of the original cost, so I figured what the heck). I also got my charge handle the other day.

I think I have settled on the Holosun HE510C-GR Elite optic - I just have to see if my local gun shop that I normally use will give it to me at a good price.

Reactions
So you can use a common high-speed router (usually used on wood or plastic) to mill-out these chunks of aluminum? I would have never guessed. A man I know has done three on a vertical mill. Says it takes about three hours to do the first one. You learn so much doing the first one, you get through the subsequent ones in about two hours each. I do not have the facility nor the connections to do one, so I must stick to buying my lowers at FFL dealers...

Reactions
So you can use a common high-speed router (usually used on wood or plastic) to mill-out these chunks of aluminum? I would have never guessed. A man I know has done three on a vertical mill. Says it takes about three hours to do the first one. You learn so much doing the first one, you get through the subsequent ones in about two hours each. I do not have the facility nor the connections to do one, so I must stick to buying my lowers at FFL dealers...

I can bust out a lower start to finish in about 45 minutes with the 5D Tactical jig.... less if I wanted to really rush it.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Big Sandy Shoot
Northwestern Arizona
Wikieup, AZ 85360, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS