JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost had a GI 45. My dad stuck his in his seabag but when they started to get off the ship, rumor was the SP's were searching guys as they got off. He didn't want a hassle and just wanted to go home. He broke it down and left it in the head.

That is a rough one considering how much they go for these days and how beautiful they are. I just remembered one that was probably my worst decision. I came across an Ithaca 1911 stamped "property of the united states government, US Army" from Vietnam era. Purchased it for around $300 in my early 20s. Sold it a couple years later for $500 not know anything about the value or provenance of firearms at the time....now I see them them selling for 2k to 3k. That is by far my worst case of sellers remorse.

Up into the early 80's you could still find REAL nice condition Mil Surp 1911's. Used to buy and sell them as I would come across them. Had a couple in excellent shape that sold to me for the same as a new in box 70 series went then. Often others would scoff at paying that for something that old. Well supply and demand. Now days you rarely see even the most common one, the Remington Rand. Last one I saw many years back in a shop was in very poor shape and was priced at what an NIB import sold for. It lasted a week and was sold. Many are gripping about the price the CMP slapped on the ones that are coming to market laughing that they will not sell. I keep telling them that they will sell at that price as fast as they hit the market. Just not enough of them around any more.

My first handgun, ($65.00 at a show in 1962) and I still have it.

The firearm I really miss though is the .22 K-Hornet I built it on a small Martini frame.
I used a .22 target barrel, a V-22 x6 scope and stocked it with a customized Enfield
butt stock. I sold it to someone at work and have regretted it ever since.
*Pure death on Digger Squirrels out to 100 yards.
38 Spl.jpg

YUP, I Certainly did!:( Bought a Dan Wesson ( Pre CZ) stainless .44 mag with 51/4" barrel and custom target sights, Paid the then princely sum of $600 for it in 1988! carried it for several years, then my first wife passed away far far to young, and left me with our two young sons and me deployed over seas, and I suddenly had bills and debts up to my eyeballs and only a E-7's monthly wages to try and pay it all down with! So, among several valuable and somewhat rare firearms and a bunch of other stuff we had collected, I had to sell it all to cover the bills which were now due! I tell ya, that was some heartbreaking stuff! Of all my guns I had to sell, that Dan Wesson was the one I most missed and it took me almost 20 years to find the exact match, I finally found one a year ago for a then decent price of $840! So, I carry it more often then not, especially when flying in the bush, as a Big Bore is a must have where I fly!

I had one of those Savage Striker bolt-action handguns and a lefthanded Savage Model 93 rifle, both in 17HMR. Sold 'em as a set in 2007 or so. Ain't missed 'em a lick since...

Yeah I picked up my SKS for $200 back in the day...now the cheapest I saw is $650 wtf

Not too long before we moved up here to Commie land in '98, I got one at J&G Sales for I think it was $79, and played with it a bit then went back and got one for my friend next door as a gift. I tricked mine out with a plastic stock and the extended mag's. I hired a tree surgeon here and got talking guns with him, and ended up trading him straight across for his '94Winchester that had only had maybe 2 shots fired when I got it, I never even fired it and finally traded it for my last 10-22 which I gave to my daughter last year. Needless to say I maybe should have kept the SKS, but that one was a POS.
Gabby

The list is long but the ones I miss the most were stolen. My uncles 1911A1 given him on his retirement from the Marines that he sold me for $80.00 I would really like to still have.

Not too long before we moved up here to Commie land in '98, I got one at J&G Sales for I think it was $79, and played with it a bit then went back and got one for my friend next door as a gift. I tricked mine out with a plastic stock and the extended mag's. I hired a tree surgeon here and got talking guns with him, and ended up trading him straight across for his '94Winchester that had only had maybe 2 shots fired when I got it, I never even fired it and finally traded it for my last 10-22 which I gave to my daughter last year. Needless to say I maybe should have kept the SKS, but that one was a POS.
Gabby
Last month J&G had a sale on some used and abused SKS Rifles with cracked stocks.They wanted $300 a piece. I must of bought mine at J&G about the same time you bought yours. It was under $100 and the AK was a little more than that. I remember buying M1 carbines with wire stocks for $69 at a pawn shop down on Central Ave in Phoenix. It's not just guns. Bought any Varget powder in the last few months. and even primers. My .357 Black Hawk cost me new $212. Now they cost almost $700. I have a MAC, 4 32 round magazines with a pouch cost $44, a barrel cost $30 and it came with an upper receiver.

My Mini 30 a little over $300. If I knew the prices would be this high when age 5 I would have spent all my allowance on firearms Or how bout 1440 rounds of 7.62 x 39 on stripper clips for $79, then Olympic Arms built the first AK pistol and over night the soft steel turned those rounds to gold going for a buck a piece from private sellers and people were buying them. I don't think any new law has passed but you can still get the soft steel core now You know prices are crazy when you start looking to buy 7.62 x 39 brass.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top