Anyone sell a pistol, regret it, and buy another?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by mike56, May 15, 2018.

1. mike56

mike56
    Prescott Valley, AZ

Almost had a GI 45. My dad stuck his in his seabag but when they started to get off the ship, rumor was the SP's were searching guys as they got off. He didn't want a hassle and just wanted to go home. He broke it down and left it in the head.

2. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Pierce County WA

Man I bet. Those go for crazy prices now.

3. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Pierce County WA

Up into the early 80's you could still find REAL nice condition Mil Surp 1911's. Used to buy and sell them as I would come across them. Had a couple in excellent shape that sold to me for the same as a new in box 70 series went then. Often others would scoff at paying that for something that old. Well supply and demand. Now days you rarely see even the most common one, the Remington Rand. Last one I saw many years back in a shop was in very poor shape and was priced at what an NIB import sold for. It lasted a week and was sold. Many are gripping about the price the CMP slapped on the ones that are coming to market laughing that they will not sell. I keep telling them that they will sell at that price as fast as they hit the market. Just not enough of them around any more.

AZgunGuy likes this.