JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tend to like double/single action pistols. I find I don't give up anything on the first shot, and then single action shots are a cinch.
Had a Sig 225A single stack. 8 rounds, great feel and accurate. But a little big and heavy for only 8, so I sold it and got a beretta storm px4. Just not warming up to it and now I want another 225A.

Anyone else have a brain freeze like this?

I tend to like double/single action pistols. I find I don't give up anything on the first shot, and then single action shots are a cinch.
Had a Sig 225A single stack. 8 rounds, great feel and accurate. But a little big and heavy for only 8, so I sold it and got a beretta storm px4. Just not warming up to it and now I want another 225A.

Just pistols? Damn I have lost track. I would buy some gun, liked it, soon wanted something else. Sell one to buy another. Soon miss the one I sold. Took a lot of years but finally just stopped selling a lot of them :) It also helped that this state (WA) passed a new law that to sell it has to go through a dealer. Slowed my selling way down. To the thread though Ruger MK's 22's. First hand gun I ever owned was one of the originals. Used when I got it, ran untold rounds and someone talked me out of it. Within months I missed it. Bought another. Sold it, soon bought another. Did this a few times till I finally just stopped selling then. Always been a 1911 fan boy. Lost track of how many I have bought and sold. No sooner would I sell one and I was looking for another.
The other in the rifle game is the 10/22. Bought first one when they were $80 in one of the early big box stores. Sold many, soon would miss it, buy another. Took a lot of them to learn to stop selling those too :)

Yup thats why I just dont sell them unless I haven't touched them in a couple of years lol. I had to oldies I sold a while back, a 1980s Walther PPK in perfect condition and a 1967 German Werma .22 carbine. I really dint want to sell them but ended up doing so as I'm not one for safe queens and figured someone else would enjoy them more than I. But yeah I sold my SKS that I regretted and a 700 in .308 that I definitely regret but needed the cash at the time. Now, ill sell a kidney 1st lol. Im with you too I like DA/SA better then plain ol striker polymers (although I have a few)

Sold both of my Russian makarovs to pay surprise bills a couple years ago... still lose sleep on them

The biggest problem with selling something like that is if you bought it a while back. Those used to be just dirt cheap since there was so many floating around looking for new homes. Same as with the SKS. Now days if you go to replace one they are no longer almost giving them away.

That's the truth, I've seen new AR's selling for less than a crummy sks

Well the AR market is something that has been a one off. The last election really threw the market a curve ball. I have not in my life time seen AR prices like we had right after that. I sold my last AR decades ago and had no intention of buying another. Too hard to drive to where you can shoot one here, or at least used to be. They got so damn cheap I was seriously tempted to buy another one just because they got so damn cheap. Market was literally flooded with them. Manufacturers had ramped up all during the great panic and many were hording as many as they could afford. Then Trump won and the market tanked and many who had several were trying to sell. It was shocking what nice ones started to sell for. They are still a good deal even now. I have been telling everyone who tells me they are thinking about an AR to get one now. They will never be this cheap again and it will not take much to start another panic.

The biggest problem with selling something like that is if you bought it a while back. Those used to be just dirt cheap since there was so many floating around looking for new homes. Same as with the SKS. Now days if you go to replace one they are no longer almost giving them away.
Yeah I picked up my SKS for $200 back in the day...now the cheapest I saw is $650 wtf

Yeah I picked up my SKS for $200 back in the day...now the cheapest I saw is $650 wtf

Yep remember when places like Big 5 and such, big box sporting goods stores used to have them on the Sunday ads every so often? They used to regularly sell for $150 or so. Many times they were un issued, still in Cosmoline. They were a crap load of work to clean up but after you got them done they were a very nice rifle for the price. Would often see them at the shows where guys had a case of them for sale. The market was flooded with them for years. Great rifle.

I just acquired a polish p64 in trade for my zastava tokarev in 9mm. It's a sleek looking pocket gun. I doubt I'll get rid of it. Makes me feel a bit like one of my makarovs is back

Yep remember when places like Big 5 and such, big box sporting goods stores used to have them on the Sunday ads every so often? They used to regularly sell for $150 or so. Many times they were un issued, still in Cosmoline. They were a crap load of work to clean up but after you got them done they were a very nice rifle for the price. Would often see them at the shows where guys had a case of them for sale. The market was flooded with them for years. Great rifle.
It was the best $200 I spent at the time lol. Cleaned it up nice, removed the mag box and converted to take a full 33 rnd mag....was a great range/woods gun, really fun.

I had 2 mosin nagant rifles too and I picked both of them up for 89.99 otd each... sold them off too.

When Mexico told most of the surfs they had to get rid of their guns there was a flood of nice 1911's in .38 Super. The surfs were not allowed .45's. They were such a good deal I ended up with a few of them. Never was big on the round and even then the ammo was not "easy" to find. Would sell on off and before long I would end up buying another to play with. They were just too hard to pass up for a while there :)

I love the 9x18 cartridge. I have put several animals down with my Russian makarovs for slaughter. 99% of the time it dropped cows if you get a direct forehead shot. Only once did it take more. And to this day I cannot believe that cow took that long to fall. 13 headshots to fall. That cow must have smoked some crack right before that. After 12 headshots my father in law brought out his 30-06 and finished him off. He was suffering too much

Last Edited:
My second makarov WAS in fact free... well kind of. I did some side work for this guy. I was taking care of his yard. I was a landscaper. He paid me in cash and threw the makarov on top as a "tip" is how he said it. He tipped me with a gun. It turned out he was the maintenance department manager for maricopa unified school district and he ended up offering me a job as a grounds crew a few years ago. Didn't pay crap. But it's kind of a funny story.

Absolutely I have, that's why I've owned four Glock 19's :D

I also sold a Mosin 91/30 with an ATI stock for $100, thinking I needed the cash. Regret that one.

I have never sold a pistol and they all still work.

I had a revolver I regretted selling. My Colt Python.......I paid $425 new for it.
That is a rough one considering how much they go for these days and how beautiful they are. I just remembered one that was probably my worst decision. I came across an Ithaca 1911 stamped "property of the united states government, US Army" from Vietnam era. Purchased it for around $300 in my early 20s. Sold it a couple years later for $500 not know anything about the value or provenance of firearms at the time....now I see them them selling for 2k to 3k. That is by far my worst case of sellers remorse.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top