JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been planning on buying a CZ Scorpion pistol for a while now. Last night I learned that the Sig Sauer MPX accepts AR15 triggers, which seems like a huge bonus to me. Curious to hear thoughts from people who own or have shot both the Scorpion and the MPX.

I have the MPX. I had the side folder, took it off and now have the 2 railed arm brace. I really like it. Haven't shot a Scorpion. Expensive yes. Built nice yes. Can you other triggers, Sig says no. Because of a safety bar behind the trigger. My trigger pull is about 5 lbs. Just like a Glock pistol.

Can I what other triggers? CZ Custom makes a complete upgrade trigger pack, HBI makes a spring kit, and I think there is at least one other outfit doing Scorpion triggers.

I looked at an MPX, and the price tag said nobody on my budget was gonna get one, so I bought some more Scorpion mags and ammo instead. ;)

This was my initial reaction, no way was it worth what they were asking. I'm starting to see them around $1100 now though, so that's making me reconsider. Still a big difference when Scorpions are selling for under $700 on sale.

I have the MPX. I had the side folder, took it off and now have the 2 railed arm brace. I really like it. Haven't shot a Scorpion. Expensive yes. Built nice yes. Can you other triggers, Sig says no. Because of a safety bar behind the trigger. My trigger pull is about 5 lbs. Just like a Glock pistol.

Good to hear you have it and like it. Too bad you haven't shot a Scorpion! I've heard that Sig reversed their previous statement about using other triggers, they just won't warranty non-OEM triggers (but the rest of the gun is still covered).

Will Upgrading the Sig Sauer MPX to an AR-15 Trigger Void Your Warranty?

Can I what other triggers? CZ Custom makes a complete upgrade trigger pack, HBI makes a spring kit, and I think there is at least one other outfit doing Scorpion triggers.

Do you have the stock trigger in yours? How is it?

Stock trigger for me is great. I had 3lb triggers in glocks and that worked well shooting single handed. With the heavier pistol I like the 5 pound trigger.

My stock CZ Scorpion trigger is NOT match grade, that is for certain. :) It has a hard break to it, and I've considered putting in the HBI springs a polish kit, I think that costs about $15. I got used to it and it is wearing in, but it was not the best trigger I'd laid finger to, not even close. If Cajun Gun Works ever starts doing Scorpions I will ship it to them and let them do the same magic they did on my Phantom and P-09. ;)

I've been planning on buying a CZ Scorpion pistol for a while now. Last night I learned that the Sig Sauer MPX accepts AR15 triggers, which seems like a huge bonus to me. Curious to hear thoughts from people who own or have shot both the Scorpion and the MPX.

Meridian7750 on NWFA has the Scorpion pistol and carbine. You could start a convo with him, or show up at the monthly Speed Steel match at TCGC and pick his brain in person! :D

Meridian7750 on NWFA has the Scorpion pistol and carbine. You could start a convo with him, or show up at the monthly Speed Steel match at TCGC and pick his brain in person! :D

I've been meaning to get out to one of those matches, I'd really like to make it a regular thing. I think he sent me a PM about it a while back.

I'd be happy to let someone run a mag through the Scorpion, and have done so, but where I am there are no matches, no groups, and damn near nobody period!

Is that due to your location in Arizona, or AZ itself? I'd think there would be a ton of events down there.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top