JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same with the shield mags. Seven round mag is easy, but the six round mag can be a challenge. Your doing all you can do when you load them up and allow father time to depress the springs a while.

I think you miss typed when you said six round I think you must have meant eight round.
because that is the one I'm having difficulty with, I'm leaving both mag's fully loaded, in hopes the springs will let up a bit.
Gabby

I got my $40 rebate card from S&W and settled on a hybrid IWB holster from FoxX Holsters, I'm wearing it now and like it, pretty comfortable. I only wish they used the leather belt loops with snaps rather than the metal hangers but despite that the holster works fine , just a personal personnal preferance is all.
It cost $39 on Amazon including shipping, so I can't complain, the silly debit card still has $1.00 left. I doubt I'll find anything for a buck shipped! And you can't cash it out.
I'm enjoying the Shield so far.
Now I'll adjust the other IWB holster to fit the S&W M&P9c.
Just need to heat it up some and remodel it to fit the new gun.
I'm finding the trigger is acceptable on the Shield but would like to polish the trigger a bit to get a little smoother release, otherwise I can still live with it! I've fired the Shield more than the 9c and am carrying it untill I adjust the holster for the 9c, then I'll break it in some more and perhaps start carrying it, as it carries more firepower with 12 round mag's.
Either way I can switch to suit myself, presently happy to carry a lighter thinner rig!

Anyone looking for a G-26?
Gabby
Foxx holster Review.
I have since removed the cheap metal "Spring" hangers and made my own leather hangers.
The "Springs" weren't spring, just springy sheet metal that ended up losing their shape, and no longer held the holster in place and hung up on everything, I deep sixed them as soon as I put the leather belt loops on, and I couldn't be happier, well maybe, the leather that they used on mine is very rough on the flesh side that is toward your body and really drags on your clothing, cheap leather.
Over all I wouldn't recommend Foxx Holster to anyone. You get what you pay for I guess.
Lucky for me I know how and am able to make the modifications myself. Others would likely just toss them!
Save your money and find a better brand.
Hickok45 showed many different ones in 2 episodes on his channel, take a look! I was just too broke to do that myself. Story of my life. :mad:
Gabby

I bought a Shield when they were super cheap a few years back (still cheap now...). I regularly consider selling it, and then shoot it at the range and fall.in love all over again. A Shield is not the coolest, not the hottest, not the gun that everyone is clamoring for. But it is an amazing shooter that feels great, points really naturally, and I love mine. I carry it a lot!

I also carry a Kahr CM9, a Glock 26, and sometimes I pocket carry a Kahr P380.

Look into Magguts to increase capacity in your Shield mags. I like to carry with a 7rd mag with a Magguts +2 extension (9+1 is pretty good), which is still shorter than a stock 8rd mag. And often carry an 8rd mag with a Magguts +2 as a spare.

After several years of service, my .40 shield still fits in my pocket and has been named my pocket rocket. With the drop in apex trigger and heine night sights it also adorns my bed headboard. With a little practice, (I shoot alot), it is capable of 4 inch groupings at 25 yards off hand. If you need better than that out of a 3 inch barrel, your in the wrong gun. True I dress around my carry piece. I wear cargo's that double as my personal effects suitcase. Old age does not require me to also be stylish. While others may tout their 85 shot pistols, I figure that I can stop most action in eight. In 45 years of packing, I have never once dropped the hammer to stop the action. With the Good Lords help, I never will.

Have carried the Shield .40 for a couple years now. Call it my pocket rocket. Dropped in a Apex trigger system and applied night sights. Added a laser but took it off. I wear cargo pants that dress around my carry. Great for a self defense weapon out to 25 yards. Does require additional time for sighting at that range. For it's intended use, (belly gun), it is great. Power and versatility. I find the 165 grain Gold Dot ammo controllable and more than capable of neutralizing any threat.
Hope this answers your concerns.
Seems like the world changes way too fast and for some reason our Department went from Glock to Smith. My thought is maybe not a nickles difference except a fringe benefit was offered. I know the Glock down sides and cheap and easy fix, so there isn't a reason to change. I have primary 40s in G22 and 27. I only added a 9mm with a G19 5 with a dot...I'm good. Get what your comfort zone is. Doing the Glock dance for the last 12 years. Trigger, sights, barrel, good friends !

I just got a P365XL, but haven't shot it yet. There have obviously been a lot of "Shield killers" lately, but it is hard to beat the pure shootability and concealability of the Shield. Well, the P365XL grip is the same width, but a much better proportion, front to back (ie shorter).

I carry my Shield with a 7rd mag and a Magguts +2 baseplate, for a total of 10 rounds on board. Well my new P365XL carries 13 rounds and has the EXACT same height as the way I have outfitted my Shield. I think my Shield will be going to the back of the safe in backup duty.

The P365XL, for my purposes, is a clear Shield killer!

Every day carry in Alien holster in 9mm. Add green Crimson trace. Personal preference is a steel gun, this fits my hand, comfortable to carry, and very accurate at 12 yards. Use Uplula to load mags. Pray every day, never have to put gun in to action. But it is ready just in case!

No, just become proficient in what ever you carry. For years, I carried a Smith 36 Chief 3" for a back up and off duty. Now, and more than the last decade mostly a Glock 27. With my aging eyes, this can be a deadly compromise, with an advantage of being able to use higher capacity load out mags should the need ever occur where there could be multiple targets or sustained fire. You still have the conceal ability of the ready to go Glock compact. Couple of extra mags can fit anywhere, man bag, pocket, holster pouch. Much easier to conceal than a full sized handgun. With the added mag extended bottom plate that gives just a tad more place to place my little finger. It makes the .40 completely manageable, and doesn't change the concealable profile a bit. For some people their body build, they can maybe hide a Smith M 29 without a problem. Along with that consideration is one of comfort...if it isn't a comfortable carry ALL DAY, chances are you are going to leave it home the day you need it. No one needs to tell ya, that's not going to be good

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top