JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Strongly recommend also putting an APEX trigger drop in, Turns it into a 20 yard shooter, not just a belly gun. For personal defense, reliable and depending on the ammo, more than adequate to stop the action.

Hey BW that takes more $$ than I have at this time.
Also I've often found that S&W triggers work well for me.
I'll want to use it some before I would make any mod's.
Thanks for the info,
Gabby

Last Edited:
No sweat pard, Enjoy sharing experience. Some want good trigger control, others don't care much as long as it goes bang up close and personal when it counts. My experience is it is a very reliable piece that goes bang when required.

That is good news, I was at my local GS today to set up receiving the pistol I ordered off the net. Turns out he could have matched my offer from the online site. Bummer, I would have rather bought from him but didn 't think he could or would match such a lowball price.
Well I live and learn.
He had one in his case but I couldn't see what price he had on it. but he did let me handle it, and the one he has had a nice trigger.
He explained that it depended on where the gun was marketed for with 3 different trigger levels. I can't remember them all but as I recall the ones made for Cal. were the heaviest.
Gabby

Last Edited:
That is good news, I was at my local GS today to set up receiving the pistol I ordered off the net. Turns out he could have matched my offer from the online site. Bummer, I would have rather bought from him but didn 't think he could or would match such a lowball price.
Well I live and learn.
He had one in his case but I couldn't see what price he had on it. but he did let me handle it, and the one he has had a nice trigger.
He explained that it depended n where the gun was markted for with 3 different trigger levels. I can't remember them all but as I recall the ones made for Cal. were the heaviest.
Gabby

The one thing my local GS couldn't have matched was the third magazine, giving me 2 of the 8 round and one of the 7.
all for under $260 shipped.
I've had time to shoot it and find it more controllable than my G26. I've since sold my S&W M-19 since I.m not using it, and got an
S&W M&P9c It's the same size as the G26 but I really like the S&W triggers much better for my old skinny fingers with hardly any meat on them anymore. The G trigger with the center switch in the trigger caused me pain after only a few shots, the S&W9c doesn't. It came with 2 12rd mag's and I've found you can buy& use the extended mag for the full size M&P9 the way you can for a Glock compact.
I doubt I will with a half a box of ammo if I carry it with both mag's and one up the spout, I think is plenty to get me in trouble. o_O:D
I did discover both guns are picky about Truncated cone cast lead loads. The Shield wouldn't function with them at all and the 9c only part of the time.
It may have been something to do with sizing, crimping or depth the bullets were seated, but I never had a problem with them in the Glock.
FMJ reloads no problemo!
Gabby
:s0059:have one on me!

Last Edited:
just an FYI. my shield will be going back to s&w now

i started a thread on NWFA about it

Sorry to hear of your shield malfunction. Mine is still working like a champ. I got fairly proficient with it, and now it seems very comfortable in my right front pocket. I generally wear cargo pants so it does not seem to print at all. God help me never need it, but should use be required, I feel competent.

Now is a good time to buy the EZ. $50.00 rebate. Does not apply to the 380 PC model but does apply on the 9mm PC.

I was going to buy another 380 PC model until I read the "fine" print.

hwy 13 snow what happened did you get a scratch on it.or just trolling?
Are you refering to @v0lcom13sn0w by chance?
I know the Man personally, and can assure you he is no troll! I'm pretty surprised at his issues with that shield of his, but stuff does happen, thank the Gods it wasnt worse, the Man makes a living with his hands ( a real talented guy, BTW) and has two little ones who count on him!

hwy 13 snow what happened did you get a scratch on it.or just trolling?
if you look at the pictures, the front of the barrel lug is peened over. looks like poor heat treating. the gun is at smith and wesson right now, i havent heard back from them yet. if youre interested in knowing what the outcome is i'll be updating that thread on NWFA as i get updates from smith and wesson.

and no, im not worried about my guns being scratched. lol

While I truly like and employ my shield, dealing through S&W is a whole different matter. Very time consuming and hardly consumer friendly. I have been fortunate to find some fairly competent armorers locally, (within 65 miles), that do what I require. I will never send one of my children to S&W again.

im the type that fixes sh!t myself. all i need is a new barrel most likely. and yea i coulda forked out $165 for the barrel i want but if s&w messed up makin this gun they should pay for it. time will tell i guess

I got my $40 rebate card from S&W and settled on a hybrid IWB holster from FoxX Holsters, I'm wearing it now and like it, pretty comfortable. I only wish they used the leather belt loops with snaps rather than the metal hangers but despite that the holster works fine , just a personal personnal preferance is all.
It cost $39 on Amazon including shipping, so I can't complain, the silly debit card still has $1.00 left. I doubt I'll find anything for a buck shipped! And you can't cash it out.
I'm enjoying the Shield so far.
Now I'll adjust the other IWB holster to fit the S&W M&P9c.
Just need to heat it up some and remodel it to fit the new gun.
I'm finding the trigger is acceptable on the Shield but would like to polish the trigger a bit to get a little smoother release, otherwise I can still live with it! I've fired the Shield more than the 9c and am carrying it untill I adjust the holster for the 9c, then I'll break it in some more and perhaps start carrying it, as it carries more firepower with 12 round mag's.
Either way I can switch to suit myself, presently happy to carry a lighter thinner rig!

Anyone looking for a G-26?
Gabby

Last Edited:
Like I stated earlier, After I dropped in that APEX trigger group, I was able to shrink groups to acceptable out to twenty yards. Most don't require such precision from a belly gun. But when my butt is on the line, I gotta believe in my hardware.

Got in a little practice with both of my new S&W's today, getting so I can hit that barn regularly with both of them at belly button range. LOL
I'm liking them, but I wonder why the 8 round Shield magazines are so stiff to reload, and yes I'm leaving them fully loaded in hopes the springs will take a little set and lighten up. The 12 round M&P9c mags are pretty easy by comparison. No failures of any kind on either gun. :D
Gabby

Same with the shield mags. Seven round mag is easy, but the six round mag can be a challenge. Your doing all you can do when you load them up and allow father time to depress the springs a while.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top