JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Between my Glock 19, Kahr PM9, and Ruger LCP 2 I think I have my bases covered when it comes to sizes of carry guns, but I'm still thinking of picking one of these up. The $75 off rebate offer expires on June 30th, and with retailers selling for $275-$325 that's only $200-$250 for a proven gun from a well-known manufacturer. Any opinions? :)

yea, i carry a 9mm shield. ita a great carry option. has all the features and quality i would expect from S&W.

field stripping is easy on these guns too.

i also have an LC9s pro. the trigger on the LC9s pro is a little better than the shield IMO. a lot of fuys like the apex trigger kits for the shield but i prefer my carry guns to be stock. theyre about the same size and weight but yeah the ruger edges out the smith in that aspect; atleast in my opinion.

mags arent cheap for the smith either.

i dont think you will be disappointed... especially for the price.

I have a 9mm shield, perfect for pocket carry, and a keltec pf9, which I keep in the seat pocket of the passenger side front seat which fits really nice there. Also have two extra mags for each gun, just in case

I ended up passing on the deal and now I have a bit of regret :D

Ah well, the Kahr PM9 fills that role well.

I'm carrying one as I type. And I bought mine a month ago because of the rebate. An awesome single stack under $300?!? How can you go wrong, Joe?

I put on Amerihlo Pro I-dots (cuz everything else in my stable has those, too), got 3 more mags, got a Crimson Trace MiniTuck and a G-Code Incog. I am set!

I still have a Kahr P380 for pocket carry and a G19 for serious carry. I prefer a full grip for belt guns, so the G43 and the PM9 wouldn't be my choice unless I was going to have to press my single stack 9 into pocket duty.

Buy it, @Joe Link!

Uh oh, was the rebate only until June 30? Bummer...

Still, there are going to be loads of them on the market now and I bet used ones will be available cheap for awhile.

Too bad you missed the discount. I pocket carry, IWB, and OWB my 40SW Shield which has the Crimson Trace green laser. I can OWB the firearm and it's still concealed with an untucked shirt.

It's a good conceal carry firearm, easy to field strip, clean (just carefully wipe the laser if you have that option).

It may work as a pocket pistol (I have a pocket holster for mine), but it most certainly not a pocket pistol. In my view, that duty reauires that it can be unobtrusive in even a dress slacks pocket. I'm thinking P380, LCP, and the like.

But there are more body sizes and dress styles than mine. Awesome, @cliffr1954, if it works for you. The Shield is definitely a versatile gun.

I did some comparison shopping, and other than the single stack mag, it is almost exactly the same size as my G26, not really a pocket carry gun unless you are wearing cargo pockets. Won't go into my jeans pocket and most of the mouse gun's won't either. The pockets just won't let you draw the gun if you do get one in there.
I'm thinking about going to a 380, and especially the RIA Baby Rock 380 1911, if I can find one for the right price when I have the bread in my pocket.
It is thinner but a little longer than the G26 and a little lighter. I'd still carry it 4:eek:clock, other than the "Cute factor" it has low recoil, and is easier to operate the slide, big pluses when hands aren't as strong as they used to be!
I'm curious if the mag's from the Browning 380 1911 will interchange. The Baby Rock is 7+1 and the Browning is 8+1 and a lot more money.

Gabby

The other half keeps hers in the nightstand. 40 caliper. Online for $299.00 shipped and no tax. No brainer.

Mothers Day gift.

498703D0-C883-4574-999B-57342930F422.jpeg 0F478AB6-62B6-4B10-B36A-87B7A3C53383.jpeg

i have a preformance center shield i tote it around every now and then.it will knock a fly off a cats butt at 15 yards no problem.great gun i like it mine has the safety.

I did some comparison shopping, and other than the single stack mag, it is almost exactly the same size as my G26, not really a pocket carry gun unless you are wearing cargo pockets. Won't go into my jeans pocket and most of the mouse gun's won't either. The pockets just won't let you draw the gun if you do get one in there.
I'm thinking about going to a 380, and especially the RIA Baby Rock 380 1911, if I can find one for the right price when I have the bread in my pocket.
It is thinner but a little longer than the G26 and a little lighter. I'd still carry it 4:eek:clock, other than the "Cute factor" it has low recoil, and is easier to operate the slide, big pluses when hands aren't as strong as they used to be!
I'm curious if the mag's from the Browning 380 1911 will interchange. The Baby Rock is 7+1 and the Browning is 8+1 and a lot more money.

Gabby

I've since had reason to change my mind.
Much as I like the Baby Rock, I just don't want to have to deal with another caliber of ammo.
I have bunches of 9mm loads, and a few 38/357 for my center fire wheel guns. and plenty 22's for now.
So I've rethought the M&P Shield, it's thinner than my G26 and a little lighter, has a good reputation with almost all the postings I've looked into on various forums. Everyone commented about accuracy and how light the recoil was, most loved theirs. All these are pluses in my book!
I've found one listed at just over $250, that I'm going to try and nail down after Monday when my local GS is open to get their FFL info so I can have it shipped here. I'm ex AZ desert rat, and now a webfoot in Oregon. Upper Kaliforni Kate! :s0146:

Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
For now anyway. :s0140:
Gabby

S&W .40 2.0 for the wife, she had the Shield but wanted the better performance of the .40 Short and Weak over the 9 mm, and the Glock 43 just wasn't cutting it for her ether! Ultimately it worked out for the best that way!

Have carried the Shield .40 for a couple years now. Call it my pocket rocket. Dropped in a Apex trigger system and applied night sights. Added a laser but took it off. I wear cargo pants that dress around my carry. Great for a self defense weapon out to 25 yards. Does require additional time for sighting at that range. For it's intended use, (belly gun), it is great. Power and versatility. I find the 165 grain Gold Dot ammo controllable and more than capable of neutralizing any threat.
Hope this answers your concerns.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top