Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up today!

Anyone here into modified Ruger 10/22's?

Joe Link

Staff Member
Reactions
I didn't get bit by the Ruger 10/22 bug until late last year, but man did it bite hard! I can't believe how quickly these go from $200 rifles to $1,000 rifles!

My plans at this point are more or less the same as most of the 10/22 builds I see; a reliable rifle accurate from a bench or prone and portable enough that I can take it hiking or hunting if need be. I understand these jack-of-all-trades type builds might not master any one thing, but I think that's fine for my first 10/22 build.

Here's mine:

Rifle: Ruger 10/22 Stainless
Barrel: Green Mountain 16.5" Blue Fluted Sporter
Trigger: Ruger BX
Stock: Magpul Hunter X-22
Scope: Vortex Crossfire 2 4-12x40 (AO)
Rings: Leupold Rifleman Matte Medium
Bi-Pod: Ohuhu 6-Inch to 9-Inch Adjustable
Other: Magpul M-LOK QD Sling Attachment
Other: Magpul M-LOK Bipod Mount
Other: TacSol Magazine Release

rugerIMG_4346.JPG

rugerIMG_4345.JPG

Reactions
Bolt action 10/22. Price is the reason i don't have one. I sold one in 22 hornet a few years back for $850 i think. They are super accurate and a blast to shoot. Accept the same mags as 10/22. Good practice for your bigger bolt rifles.

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Staff Member
Reactions
Bolt action 10/22. Price is the reason i don't have one. I sold one in 22 hornet a few years back for $850 i think. They are super accurate and a blast to shoot. Accept the same mags as 10/22. Good practice for your bigger bolt rifles.
I had no idea there were current production 22's that cost that much :D

Reactions
I didn't get bit by the Ruger 10/22 bug until late last year, but man did it bite hard! I can't believe how quickly these go from $200 rifles to $1,000 rifles!

My plans at this point are more or less the same as most of the 10/22 builds I see; a reliable rifle accurate from a bench or prone and portable enough that I can take it hiking or hunting if need be. I understand these jack-of-all-trades type builds might not master any one thing, but I think that's fine for my first 10/22 build.

Here's mine:

Rifle: Ruger 10/22 Stainless
Barrel: Green Mountain 16.5" Blue Fluted Sporter
Trigger: Ruger BX
Stock: Magpul Hunter X-22
Scope: Vortex Crossfire 2 4-12x40 (AO)
Rings: Leupold Rifleman Matte Medium
Bi-Pod: Ohuhu 6-Inch to 9-Inch Adjustable
Other: Magpul M-LOK QD Sling Attachment
Other: Magpul M-LOK Bipod Mount
Other: TacSol Magazine Release

View attachment 359

View attachment 358
Joe that there is a lotta .22! Dunno that I would go bustin jacks with it but then I just might... Almost makes my vintage Mossie bolt rifle look pretty pedestrian, indeed. My own 10-.22 has spent almost all of it's life as a safe-queen, for one reason or another.
Nice rifle there Joe...

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Staff Member
Reactions
Thanks! I just added a Leupold VX-2 3-9 Lightweight Rimfire scope and a Brimstone Gunsmithing Tier 1 trigger.

Reactions
Reviving an old thread just for you @Joe Link

I put together a 10/22 for my mother some while back. I'd picked it up in swap for a toolbox or some such. I drilled out and chamfered a cleaning rod hole in the back of the receiver, polished the bolt and some of the receiver interior, and cleaned all the internals.

Can't remember which one, but put a Vortex scope on it, and the Archangel precision stock with adjustable cheek and LOP.

it is one slick .22, and even though it's purple, i still rock it at the range.

I'll see if i can scratch up a photo, or grab it out of the cabinet one of these days when I have my phone handy.

Reactions
But - My dream project...been wanting to do it for years now, and never seem to have enough money when there's one in front of me...involves a 10/22 charger pistol and a hand carved wood stock...oh, it's gonna be glorious.

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Staff Member
Reactions
Reviving an old thread just for you @Joe Link

I put together a 10/22 for my mother some while back. I'd picked it up in swap for a toolbox or some such. I drilled out and chamfered a cleaning rod hole in the back of the receiver, polished the bolt and some of the receiver interior, and cleaned all the internals.

Can't remember which one, but put a Vortex scope on it, and the Archangel precision stock with adjustable cheek and LOP.

it is one slick .22, and even though it's purple, i still rock it at the range.

I'll see if i can scratch up a photo, or grab it out of the cabinet one of these days when I have my phone handy.
That sounds awesome, looking forward to the pics!

Reactions
Surprisingly well balanced. The stock is heavier than i'd imagined, but just enough to be comfortable. Same stock i got for the Mosin i set up for her, and both rifles are surprisingly comfortable to shoot.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Big Sandy Shoot
Northwestern Arizona
Wikieup, AZ 85360, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS