JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't get bit by the Ruger 10/22 bug until late last year, but man did it bite hard! I can't believe how quickly these go from $200 rifles to $1,000 rifles!

My plans at this point are more or less the same as most of the 10/22 builds I see; a reliable rifle accurate from a bench or prone and portable enough that I can take it hiking or hunting if need be. I understand these jack-of-all-trades type builds might not master any one thing, but I think that's fine for my first 10/22 build.

Here's mine:

Rifle: Ruger 10/22 Stainless
Barrel: Green Mountain 16.5" Blue Fluted Sporter
Trigger: Ruger BX
Stock: Magpul Hunter X-22
Scope: Vortex Crossfire 2 4-12x40 (AO)
Rings: Leupold Rifleman Matte Medium
Bi-Pod: Ohuhu 6-Inch to 9-Inch Adjustable
Other: Magpul M-LOK QD Sling Attachment
Other: Magpul M-LOK Bipod Mount
Other: TacSol Magazine Release

rugerIMG_4346.JPG

rugerIMG_4345.JPG

Bolt action 10/22. Price is the reason i don't have one. I sold one in 22 hornet a few years back for $850 i think. They are super accurate and a blast to shoot. Accept the same mags as 10/22. Good practice for your bigger bolt rifles.

Bolt action 10/22. Price is the reason i don't have one. I sold one in 22 hornet a few years back for $850 i think. They are super accurate and a blast to shoot. Accept the same mags as 10/22. Good practice for your bigger bolt rifles.

I had no idea there were current production 22's that cost that much :D

I didn't get bit by the Ruger 10/22 bug until late last year, but man did it bite hard! I can't believe how quickly these go from $200 rifles to $1,000 rifles!

My plans at this point are more or less the same as most of the 10/22 builds I see; a reliable rifle accurate from a bench or prone and portable enough that I can take it hiking or hunting if need be. I understand these jack-of-all-trades type builds might not master any one thing, but I think that's fine for my first 10/22 build.

Here's mine:

Rifle: Ruger 10/22 Stainless
Barrel: Green Mountain 16.5" Blue Fluted Sporter
Trigger: Ruger BX
Stock: Magpul Hunter X-22
Scope: Vortex Crossfire 2 4-12x40 (AO)
Rings: Leupold Rifleman Matte Medium
Bi-Pod: Ohuhu 6-Inch to 9-Inch Adjustable
Other: Magpul M-LOK QD Sling Attachment
Other: Magpul M-LOK Bipod Mount
Other: TacSol Magazine Release

View attachment 359

View attachment 358
Joe that there is a lotta .22! Dunno that I would go bustin jacks with it but then I just might... Almost makes my vintage Mossie bolt rifle look pretty pedestrian, indeed. My own 10-.22 has spent almost all of it's life as a safe-queen, for one reason or another.
Nice rifle there Joe...

Thanks! I just added a Leupold VX-2 3-9 Lightweight Rimfire scope and a Brimstone Gunsmithing Tier 1 trigger.

Reviving an old thread just for you @Joe Link

I put together a 10/22 for my mother some while back. I'd picked it up in swap for a toolbox or some such. I drilled out and chamfered a cleaning rod hole in the back of the receiver, polished the bolt and some of the receiver interior, and cleaned all the internals.

Can't remember which one, but put a Vortex scope on it, and the Archangel precision stock with adjustable cheek and LOP.

it is one slick .22, and even though it's purple, i still rock it at the range.

I'll see if i can scratch up a photo, or grab it out of the cabinet one of these days when I have my phone handy.

But - My dream project...been wanting to do it for years now, and never seem to have enough money when there's one in front of me...involves a 10/22 charger pistol and a hand carved wood stock...oh, it's gonna be glorious.

Reviving an old thread just for you @Joe Link

I put together a 10/22 for my mother some while back. I'd picked it up in swap for a toolbox or some such. I drilled out and chamfered a cleaning rod hole in the back of the receiver, polished the bolt and some of the receiver interior, and cleaned all the internals.

Can't remember which one, but put a Vortex scope on it, and the Archangel precision stock with adjustable cheek and LOP.

it is one slick .22, and even though it's purple, i still rock it at the range.

I'll see if i can scratch up a photo, or grab it out of the cabinet one of these days when I have my phone handy.

That sounds awesome, looking forward to the pics!

Surprisingly well balanced. The stock is heavier than i'd imagined, but just enough to be comfortable. Same stock i got for the Mosin i set up for her, and both rifles are surprisingly comfortable to shoot.

Custom wood stock handmade in AZ.
Midway 1" match barrel
No fancy trigger set up yet
and a small Nikkon on top.
This little guy is a nail driver though.

@Joe Link Would this be acceptable as far as you know in one of the Appleseed competitions?

@TornFalcon beautiful gun! That would be perfect for Appleseed. If you're considering a trigger upgrade you might look into Brimstone Gunsmithing. I had them do mine with whatever their highest package is (Tier 3 I think). Shoots as well as my buddy's Kidd trigger and it was about half the price.

I've honestly never shot a Timney trigger, but I've heard great things. You don't earn a reputation like they have by making junk!

That said, that is a lot of money :oops:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top