JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shopping around for insurance for my firearm collection and it looks pretty good. Anyone have experience with them, or suggestions on who else I might look into? I'd rather not provide serial numbers.

You make an interesting point. Serial numbers.
My father was a jurist. He fought recording or filing weapons by type or serial to anyone. His thought was if the list ever fell into the wrong hands then they would know what you have when they came knocking on your door.
I use the 2 hour fire resistant safe method, bolted to the floor.
Not interested in anyone knowing EXACTLY what I have.

I'm the same way, I just don't want everything sitting in a database somewhere. 2 hour fire resistance, that's quite the safe!

I have had Arms Care Plus for several years. As I recal no serial numbers, or specific identification of specific fireasrm was involved. It was merely a matter of setting the money value of firearms being insured, but then I had nothing special to cover ... just the basic off the shelf fire arm. Never had to use them, so I do not know how good they are from that perspective, I thought it reasonable having $10,000 Unscheduled coverage for$189 annual. I do not know what Scheduled coverage cost, or if serial number was required. I don't have anything that pricey.

My home insurance covers $2,500 and my NRA membership covers $2,500, so as I have disposed of firearms I am finding I really no longer need additional coverage. I've felt secure with Arms Care Plus. I doubt I'll renew it unless I buy a couple more firearms.

I have had Arms Care Plus for several years. As I recal no serial numbers, or specific identification of specific fireasrm was involved. It was merely a matter of setting the money value of firearms being insured, but then I had nothing special to cover ... just the basic off the shelf fire arm. Never had to use them, so I do not know how good they are from that perspective, I thought it reasonable having $10,000 Unscheduled coverage for$189 annual. I do not know what Scheduled coverage cost, or if serial number was required. I don't have anything that pricey.

My home insurance covers $2,500 and my NRA membership covers $2,500, so as I have disposed of firearms I am finding I really no longer need additional coverage. I've felt secure with Arms Care Plus. I doubt I'll renew it unless I buy a couple more firearms.

That's good to hear that no serial numbers were required.

That's good to hear that no serial numbers were required.

Thanks for the info. That's definitely a good thing! I think I'll move forward with this.

I have a large firearm collection and wanted the best I could get at a reasonable price point. I ended up with Eastern insurance, The Historical, Collectables & Sporting Arms Ins. Program.No serial numbers required. My agent did tell me to take pictures to prove condition and online reviews were positive. Ask for Jack Richardson.

I have a large firearm collection and wanted the best I could get at a reasonable price point. I ended up with Eastern insurance, The Historical, Collectables & Sporting Arms Ins. Program.No serial numbers required. My agent did tell me to take pictures to prove condition and online reviews were positive. Ask for Jack Richardson.

Thanks for the referral!

I've heard good things about them as well. What made you decide to go with them vs ArmsCare?

I'm sure Arms Care has to build into the cost all the money they spend on advertising :eek:

Shopping around for insurance for my firearm collection and it looks pretty good. Anyone have experience with them, or suggestions on who else I might look into? I'd rather not provide serial numbers.

Actually Joe, if you are a member of the NRA technically you already have some NRA Armscare Insurance,
I believe you are entitled to claim a free $2,500 worth of coverage. Click my link to activate Firearms Insurance - No Cost ArmsCare® For NRA Members

Thanks Bill, I have that coverage activated already. It covers about a tenth of em :D

Thanks Bill, I have that coverage activated already. It covers about a tenth of em :D

I know my household insurance covers my guns as well, but you really need to have good pictures and they hafta be well documented. I used to keep pages of details in a safety deposit box with pictures--The big insurance company's always seem to be licensed thieves, try to collect sometime and you'll find out. First comes the deductible, then the depreciation--in the gun market it should be appreciation, the way prices keep going up

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top