Reactions
Anyone else out there doing much with DMR and mototrbo with either brandmeister or the Western States DMR networks? I finally got my hotspot up and running, and what seems to be a functional code-plug. I don't hear much on the CA/NV/AZ talk groups. and TAC-310 is deader than it used to be.

Reactions
I’m sorry, can you please explain DMR? Thank you.
DMR is a Trunked mobile radio, with the proliferation of inexpensive used, and chinese DMR radios it's getting increasingly popular. There is also a large global internet connected trunked radio network that connects several different digital technologies together.

The main advantages from a prep/survival mentality: right now it's a globe spanning network, and using either hotspots, or repeaters you can communicate across great distances without using cell phones. It can fill the role of a standard FM handheld two-way radio, or, if things go sideways, you can use it simplex between radios with a barrier to listening (need a DMR radio, or a properly configured scanner or RTL-SDR) and in that dire situation, you can run encrypted in a way that just isn't possible with a baofeng, yaesu, icom, etc.

Reactions
DMR is a Trunked mobile radio, with the proliferation of inexpensive used, and chinese DMR radios it's getting increasingly popular. There is also a large global internet connected trunked radio network that connects several different digital technologies together.

The main advantages from a prep/survival mentality: right now it's a globe spanning network, and using either hotspots, or repeaters you can communicate across great distances without using cell phones. It can fill the role of a standard FM handheld two-way radio, or, if things go sideways, you can use it simplex between radios with a barrier to listening (need a DMR radio, or a properly configured scanner or RTL-SDR) and in that dire situation, you can run encrypted in a way that just isn't possible with a baofeng, yaesu, icom, etc.
Thanks, I’m going to check it out. Sounds like something worth having…

Reactions
Here I thought DMR meant "Designated Marksman Rifle"....
Certainly can. We live in a world overloaded with acronyms.

Thanks, I’m going to check it out. Sounds like something worth having…
It is, There's always a lot of discussion about people buying baofengs and other radios, but never seems to be a lot of discussion about using them. I know most of us are separated by tens or hundreds of miles, and far outside radio range of conventional systems. would be a good learning experience for many to get on the air and do stuff. even if we're just talking about bullets.

Reactions
There used to be a "ham" radio link from N to S in Arizona. Towers on hills or mountains as the case may be. Kind of in the middle of the state E to W.
I installed 2 of them but since I had to get a license and a radio I never got involved.

Old18C

Reactions
There used to be a "ham" radio link from N to S in Arizona. Towers on hills or mountains as the case may be. Kind of in the middle of the state E to W.
I installed 2 of them but since I had to get a license and a radio I never got involved.
I was listening to the Tuscon repeater a couple of weeks ago from Northcentral AZ and it came in clear. It was a net call from Colorado they had linked via Internet.

Reactions
Now that I have had some time to think about it, I believe it was called Packet Radio. I was amazed that someone paid to put the repeaters up and maintained them for all to use for free.

As for bubblegume hits the fan communication not sure I want anyone to know I and mine are even around. We have a plan hopefully it will never have to be implemented.