JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Getting another load ready for the tumbler. This time 223/556. All have been resized, trimmed to length and chamfered inside and outside on the neck. These have been in the tumbler already but after trimming and using the chamfer tool they are coated with brass shavings. So I am going to run them thru again but only for an hour or two. That should be enough time to get them clean again and ready to reload.
223-Brass.JPG

Nice. I've found if you add a little bit of solvent to the tumbling media the corncob will soak up more of the lanolin (looks like what you're using, maybe 1-shot) and will clean things up better.

Getting another load ready for the tumbler. This time 223/556. All have been resized, trimmed to length and chamfered inside and outside on the neck. These have been in the tumbler already but after trimming and using the chamfer tool they are coated with brass shavings. So I am going to run them thru again but only for an hour or two. That should be enough time to get them clean again and ready to reload.
View attachment 667

What're you planning on loading them with?

335, 24.5 grains with 55 grain bullets. All I have is a single stage RCBS that I got back in the early 70's. I have loaded 38/357, 222, 223/556, 30-30, 30 cal M1, 9MM, 30-06, all with the same press. These will be primed using a RCBS hand press while watching movies. Then using the single stage they will be loaded in batches of 100. Most of my loading is done in batches of 100.

It's amazing how impatient I've become over the years. I still have to turn out 100-ct quantities occasionally for test lots, and usually do it on my turret press, but I'm always frustrated with how slow it goes.

Then again I've been rebuilding my camdex all week.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top