JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been wandering the electric highway for stuff for my Rem 870. Found this Federal round called Flitecontrol. Went out looking for them and tripped up this page with some very scary text. Ammo back-ordered 6-12 months.
I must have looked at 30 sites and this is the only one that has this text.

First I have heard of this anyone out there know more?

The scary content is

****EXTENDED AMMUNITION LEAD-TIMES AND BACKORDERS: As of March, 2020 our ammunition manufacturers have advised that wait times for new orders of 6-12 MONTHS will be common industry-wide. Streicher's reserves the right to limit purchase quantities. We will not charge your card until your order ships.****

Here is the same shells in stock ($2 more):

Those are the old ones, not the ones that are listed as "flitecontrol". Which is the new special wad. Thanks anyway

From my reading placing a layer of vinyl tape on the outside of the petals of the shot cup does close to the same thing. IE keeps the shot together longer.

Next time I start up my MEC I will see how some of those work.

I believe I read that cooper mining world wide has been affected by the Kung Flu, so that materials for jacketed ammo may take a while to catch up even after the election. Also as I remember the only lead mined in the US was/is in Missouri, and I think they were winding down production during the Obama years. So it appears it's more then panic buying involved as much as a supply side interrupted by Covid

The election, fear of the Shanghai shivers, and all the civil unrest, people are stocking up and there is a rush by new gun owners.
Really, every election cycle alone causes this, those that haven't stocked up by now should have known better, for the last 3 years it's been time to buy cheap and stack deep.

If you're wailing and gnashing your teeth over empty toilet paper shelves, it only means that you failed to Plan Ahead and take action after the last TP shortage.
My apologies for editing what you originally wrote. I faced the last TP shortage with beads of sweat on my brow. Since the stuff became more available, I've been buying a big pack of it every several weeks. I've got enough now for about four years of average flushings. You never appreciate something you have until it's dam-ned hard to get more of it-- like toilet paper...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top