JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems there are some sensible folks within the AMA organization who believe AMA's anti-firearm rhetoric is just that rhetoric! [emphasis mine]
quote: Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership (DRGO) has a prescription for the American Medical Association's (AMA) latest attack on gun rights. They want the doctors to take two doses of reality and call in the morning. The doctors note the AMA's most recent announcement that it would pursue an "unprecedented" push for gun control is actually more of the same – a failed treatment for the wrong ailments. DRGO's Dr. Robert B. Young highlighted that no more than 25 percent of America's physicians are affiliated with the AMA, and it might partly be because of the organization's anti-gun agenda that has little to do with healing and preventing illness but does chase after schemes to deprive rights. unquote. The AMA versus Americans – Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership

Personally, I am glad now to know the 'skinny' and am copying the article to hand to my personal physician next time they ask about my firearm ownership or if there are firearms in the home, car, on my person, er, uh, concealed of course!

If any sawbones ever asked me if I owned any gubs, I'd tell him in a monotonous voice that such information has nothing to do with my lumbago, my dropsy or my consumption...

Private physician, like any other small business, can refuse routine treatment or continue treatment by stating you are disruptive or based on their personal belief(s) of conscience.

My old country doc decided i needed an ad-hoc physical and didn't bat an eye as he ran his hands around my waist pushing on my abdominal quads and found the FN, then proceeded patted down my leg and found my bug.

He just smiled, never saying a word.

Old doc, probably no problem, new doc, been once, no idea, but looks good. I've never had a doc ask about my personal firearms here in AZ, and I would walk out if they did. "Sorry, doctor, but your question is over the line. As your employer, I have to say you're fired."
BTW, it IS grand fun to tell a doctor he's fired - they don't get it, and 99% of patients don't either. The doc works for YOU, not the other way around.

My old doc decided he needed to stick his finger up my @ss when I turned 40--Don't think I've forgiven him for that either
I haven't ever done more than hint about the guns I carry,
I'd rather not hafta sneak them in after he tells me not too
so my preference is that he doesn't find out

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top