JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would you trust your life on something that is designed to turn itself on and off ?
Yeah, that's what I like about the Romeo5 - the thing turns itself off after 120 seconds of no movement, and when it gets moved, just a little, it comes on again. So 40,000 hour battery life, over 4 years.
Would you trust your life to something that is designed to turn itself on and off ?

Why would you trust your life to anything that runs on batteries; they die and you are toast? Would you trust your life to anything that loads itself, as that can always jam and leave you stranded? Would you trust your life to anything that uses a cartridge someone else loaded, since you have no way of knowing if they put even any powder in there? See, that can get a wee bit odd, if you just keep running with it. As for trusting any battery powered red dot, no matter WHAT red dot, always have BUIS, like the MagPuls I have on my rifle. Also, I am a fat old man, not an operator, and the uses my rifle has for me is mostly range, maybe some hunting, and in the house, but chances are high that I will grab my sidearm instead of the rifle, one of them new fangled autoloading things...hope they got the kinks worked out by now. ;) The reviews I read about the Romeo5 have all been quite good, and it will do just fine for me. I had an expensive EOTech years ago, and it failed, badly. The cheapo TRS-25 I had on three different rifles worked perfectly for years before it went to a friend. So, unless someone wants to gift me a nice expensive red dot, I will trust the SIG Romeo 5 unless it shows it is untrustworthy, and in the short time I have had it, it has worked perfectly. I wouldn't mind an Aimpoint T1 Micro or Trijicon, but my budget doesn't allow it, so my Frankenrifle will do OK with this. Heck, the other one has the TR-32 on it, and it eats 2032s, one a month!

I was just curious , that's all. All I was referring to was the on and off by itself part.
I wasn't trying to put you down or argue the fact.

If you buy quality equipment , keep your batteries fresh and test it regularly you can trust your life to it.
Lots professionals in every day life trust their lives to battery powered equipment.
The military trust their lives every day on equipment that runs on batteries and I have never heard of one that turns itself on and off by itself.

This is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

I run Millett RD00006 Multi-Dots on 3 of my ARs. I find having the ability to change to a tiny dot and still adjust for brightness is very helpful when I go to try and "reach out" a bit with them. And then run a bigger dot for way faster point and shoot activities.

View attachment 4711
I have an older Japanese made RD00006 that I inherited from my dad. I'd like to try it on an M4 clone I'm building. Never used anything other than iron sights in my 11B days. It seems like it will fit the Picatinny rail with no issue - any advice for mounting/zeroing this thing?

I shoot a Freedom Arms .454 Casull. It came with a fixed power Nikon with tapered cross hairs. Hard difficulty finding and keeping cross hairs on target when shooting. Off hand or from bench. Replaced with Sig Romeo 5 and couldn't be happier. Off the bench at 100 yards am able to shoot with considerable accuracy. Going to try and carry for cow elk tag in Arizona in November. Lots of practice. Very confident in the caliber. Really encourage you to look at Romeo. Love the feature of it activates with motion.

I have a 460 Rowland carabiner that I plan to use for hog hunting and I'm thinking of buying a red dot sight for it. The prices of the "red dot" are different in prices. I would like to spend less than $ 300 for one. When I googled, I found this great source but don't know how about a specific product.
Looking forward to hearing some recommendations.
I have a HOLOSUN on all 7 AR's that I own.
All the way from a dedicated .22lr to .223/.556 to 7.62X39.
The price is GREAT, Zero Parallax, 50,000,000 hr. Battery Life, Shake Awake.
Good Luck in what ever you choose.

I have a 460 Rowland carabiner that I plan to use for hog hunting and I'm thinking of buying a red dot sight for it. The prices of the "red dot" are different in prices. I would like to spend less than $ 300 for one. When I googled, I found this great source but don't know how about a specific product.
Looking forward to hearing some recommendations.
I run HOLOSUN Red Dots on all my Firearms. Great price for what your getting. Parallax Free, 50,000 hr. Battery life, Shake Awake, Water Proof.
A lot of different Models, depending on what your looking for.

Unless you want to spend several hundred dollars on a red dot , they are all made in China.
I won't put anything on one of my guns that is made in China.

Now this is just my personal opinion so don't be offended , and I don't really need any reviews or opinions on how wonderful your Chinese red dot is.

Unless you want to spend several hundred dollars on a red dot , they are all made in China.
I won't put anything on one of my guns that is made in China.

Now this is just my personal opinion so don't be offended , and I don't really need any reviews or opinions on how wonderful your Chinese red dot is.
Not offended by anybody having the funds to support "buy American".

I am one of the "poors".

I am by no means rich.
I am just a firm believer in buying quality.
Buying cheap always cost more in the long run. Whether it be tools or guns.
I make my living with tools and never cheap out when it comes to my equipment.

I have a Glock 34 9mm with a Swampfox Red-Dot and it will put a whole mag (17 rounds) into a two inch circle at 10 yards. These are a God-send for old eyes.

Holosun red/circle dot on 357, battery with solar, auto off/on.

357 red dot.JPG

I want to put a red-dot on an AR so I can take my manager out shooting and have him actually hit the jumpy-bouncy yellow cube that flies differently every time it's hit. It's self-healing so you can shoot it a million times with anything from .22LR to .50BMG. He's from India and is a newly-naturalized American citizen. He'd never had a firearm in his hands until we went out in May 2021 and popped-off several 30-round magazines. He likes it, man! It's finally cooling-off here in the Reno area and the desert grass is finally getting to where a single spark won't start a 250,000-acre wildfire. Once the red flag laws are taken down, we can go out and burn some powder with no worries about grassfires.

I have an old Bushnell HOLO-sight; was given to me by a WW II and Korea vet maybe ten-plus years ago. Uses N-size batteries. I can't remember if I've ever used it. Seems the batteries have to be ordered through Walmart, then require several days to have them shipped in. The underside is for a Weaver mount, but it bolted to my Picatinny rail with no wobblies. I'm wondering if it's too far to one side or to the other because it's not mounted to the mount for which it was designed. I'll ask a good friend who lives nearby to take it out and hit some paper with it. Then we'll know if the thing is worth an airborne copulation or not.

yellow target cube.JPG

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top