JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 460 Rowland carabiner that I plan to use for hog hunting and I'm thinking of buying a red dot sight for it. The prices of the "red dot" are different in prices. I would like to spend less than $ 300 for one. When I googled, I found this great source but don't know how about a specific product.
Looking forward to hearing some recommendations.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Romeo 5 or one of the Vortex dots. For around $300 you can probably find an Aimpoint PRO, which I have and really like.

All the above are good. I just mounted a Holosun on a pistol. I like the fact of various options. Size, brightness and you can toggle between circle, circle dot or dot. Solar powered, auto shut off.

Many different styles, check them out.

16B28CFD-E088-439C-981E-FF1A59F93F1F.jpeg

AC8FD430-8E96-49A1-A503-C20A09C86432.jpeg

I run Millett RD00006 Multi-Dots on 3 of my ARs. I find having the ability to change to a tiny dot and still adjust for brightness is very helpful when I go to try and "reach out" a bit with them. And then run a bigger dot for way faster point and shoot activities.

C07D45BC-CF3E-497E-9A6A-82A180655BDD.jpeg

I run Millett RD00006 Multi-Dots on 3 of my ARs. I find having the ability to change to a tiny dot and still adjust for brightness is very helpful when I go to try and "reach out" a bit with them. And then run a bigger dot for way faster point and shoot activities.

View attachment 4711

So these allow you to change the size of the actual dot? If so that's pretty cool!

I picked up a few Primary arms to try out. They worked well so I keep running them.

I've had good luck with my Primary Arms dots. Bought a couple of back in 2012 that are still going strong.

I run a Vortex Strikefire II on one of my AR-15 rifles, and a Holosun HE510C-GR reflex on another AR-15 rifle (Holosun is supposed to be coming out with this sight with a gold dot - they already have it in a regular red dot sight and I am told it is quite bright). The Vortex can be found for under $200 and the Holosun can be found for under $300.

I run a Vortex Strikefire II on one of my AR-15 rifles, and a Holosun HE510C-GR reflex on another AR-15 rifle (Holosun is supposed to be coming out with this sight with a gold dot - they already have it in a regular red dot sight and I am told it is quite bright). The Vortex can be found for under $200 and the Holosun can be found for under $300.

Strike fire is what I run. I love the magnifier.

I have used almost all of the one listed above. The Vortex is on two of my ARs and the Holosuns are mounted on my duty 870 12 Ga Magnums (and others) and has been used heavily even at a Gunsite class. The Millett is on an FN Para and the Primary Arms is on a Galiel all work great. Pick the one you like the optic Dot, Circle dot, crosshair, or chevron the most and go for it.

I have a 460 Rowland carabiner that I plan to use for hog hunting and I'm thinking of buying a red dot sight for it. The prices of the "red dot" are different in prices. I would like to spend less than $ 300 for one. When I googled, I found this great source but don't know how about a specific product.
I am a distributor for RITON Optics. They are based in Arizona, in Tucson to be specific, and offer features that are usually only offered on more expensive red Dot optics. Look them up online, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Look at Atibal red dots. They're out of Az. More specifically watch their torture tests and then realize they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty for the price. I own 2 different ones and couldn't be happier.

Aimpoint PRO.... you can leave them turned on at the low setting and the the battery lasts for years.
Yeah, that's what I like about the Romeo5 - the thing turns itself off after 120 seconds of no movement, and when it gets moved, just a little, it comes on again. So 40,000 hour battery life, over 4 years.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top