Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Advice on Red Dot Sight

Reactions
Would you trust your life on something that is designed to turn itself on and off ?
Yeah, that's what I like about the Romeo5 - the thing turns itself off after 120 seconds of no movement, and when it gets moved, just a little, it comes on again. So 40,000 hour battery life, over 4 years.
Would you trust your life to something that is designed to turn itself on and off ?

Reactions
Why would you trust your life to anything that runs on batteries; they die and you are toast? Would you trust your life to anything that loads itself, as that can always jam and leave you stranded? Would you trust your life to anything that uses a cartridge someone else loaded, since you have no way of knowing if they put even any powder in there? See, that can get a wee bit odd, if you just keep running with it. As for trusting any battery powered red dot, no matter WHAT red dot, always have BUIS, like the MagPuls I have on my rifle. Also, I am a fat old man, not an operator, and the uses my rifle has for me is mostly range, maybe some hunting, and in the house, but chances are high that I will grab my sidearm instead of the rifle, one of them new fangled autoloading things...hope they got the kinks worked out by now. ;) The reviews I read about the Romeo5 have all been quite good, and it will do just fine for me. I had an expensive EOTech years ago, and it failed, badly. The cheapo TRS-25 I had on three different rifles worked perfectly for years before it went to a friend. So, unless someone wants to gift me a nice expensive red dot, I will trust the SIG Romeo 5 unless it shows it is untrustworthy, and in the short time I have had it, it has worked perfectly. I wouldn't mind an Aimpoint T1 Micro or Trijicon, but my budget doesn't allow it, so my Frankenrifle will do OK with this. Heck, the other one has the TR-32 on it, and it eats 2032s, one a month!

Reactions
I was just curious , that's all. All I was referring to was the on and off by itself part.
I wasn't trying to put you down or argue the fact.

If you buy quality equipment , keep your batteries fresh and test it regularly you can trust your life to it.
Lots professionals in every day life trust their lives to battery powered equipment.
The military trust their lives every day on equipment that runs on batteries and I have never heard of one that turns itself on and off by itself.

This is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Dixie Center
1835 S Convention Center Dr, St. George, UT 84790, USA
Arizona State Fairgrounds
1826 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
Pima County Fair
11300 S Houghton Rd, Tucson, AZ 85747, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to...
    • Gunsandgars
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    4.00 star(s)
    I have purchased new and used from them. I was lucky a while back and they had a Armalite AR10A...
    • Belevolk
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno...
    • wildcat455
  • Ammo AZ
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place,awesome staff and customer service. Have personally done business with them numerous...
    • Tecj68
  • AJI Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    I have purchased a couple of firearms from AJI. They have a good balance of tactical and other...
    • 1971Chevelle