JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had the Glock 20 Gen4 for a couple of years. Absolutely loved it.

If the Glock 40 would have followed the Glock 41's lead of using the thinner slide on it, I would probably say to go that way. Since it's the same wide slide, I would probably opt to stay with the G20. If course you will get SLIGHTLY higher velocity from the longer barrel in the G40 if you're really concerned about that in the woods.

Personally, I'd go with the G20. Both are probably good choices though.

Personally, I'd go with the Glock 20 since you'll be carrying it.

I've been kicking around the idea of picking up a G20 myself. Why'd you sell it?

My advice is to buy a gun with a grip safety, unless you want to join the huge number of people who have already negligently shot themselves or someone else with a Glock
If you cannot handle a Glock safely the you should not carry any firearm. I will never under stand how someone can shoot them selves while cleaning their gun..

I will never understand how someone can shoot themselves while cleaning their gun..
Simple carelessness overriding common sense, is how. Picking-up the gun, believing it's unloaded. I know very little about guns but I do know one should always check to see if the chamber is loaded, if the magazine is loaded and if the firearm is cocked. It's the old "Assume every gun is loaded when you pick it up" philosophy. I'm sure that idea has saved many a life. I'm also sure many lives have been lost because as Thomas Payne said, "Common sense is not so common."

Simple carelessness overriding common sense, is how. Picking-up the gun, believing it's unloaded. I know very little about guns but I do know one should always check to see if the chamber is loaded, if the magazine is loaded and if the firearm is cocked. It's the old "Assume every gun is loaded when you pick it up" philosophy. I'm sure that idea has saved many a life. I'm also sure many lives have been lost because as Thomas Payne said, "Common sense is not so common."

So true--Belief is not reality
Had a friend shoot himself with a beretta, he racked the slide & ejected the round from the chamber before he ejected the magazine, which left a round in the chamber. Then he pointed the gun in an unsafe direction without checking the chamber again and next thing I knew we all had to drive his dumb@ss to the hospital

If the Glock 40 would have followed the Glock 41's lead of using the thinner slide on it, I would probably say to go that way. Since it's the same wide slide, I would probably opt to stay with the G20. If course you will get SLIGHTLY higher velocity from the longer barrel in the G40 if you're really concerned about that in the woods.

Personally, I'd go with the G20. Both are probably good choices though.
Thanks for all your inputs - will be going with the G20 - Phoenix Arizona Guns For Sale - Gunpowder And Brass - Buy & Sell Firearms

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top