JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw some real ones as used in South African countries by game rangers to combat poaching.

A long time in the build, lots of machinework here. Built on a vintage Coonan receiver.

The pretty wood (English Walnut) is from a friend up North, the green Duracoat is by a disabled lady. DSC01722.JPG DSC01723.JPG DSC01724.JPG DSC01725.JPG

Now to go out to the desert and break it in...

S u b R o s a

No, it is an engineering plastic Garolite. I machined an overtube from it to cover the alloy tube inside. It really matches the wooden T48 forend nicely.

SR

Never had a Para FAL! Always loved the Original Line issues Belgians with the Plastics and carry handle! Played with pretty much every variant ever produced, but haven't gotten around to building a Para, though my parts stash is awesome! I have one of the rare DSA Para receivers and an early stock, as well as the stamped metal forend with out bi-pod groves ( early Austrian) and a ultra rare Israeli Stainless barrel!
Need the sights and stock cup and correct folding charge handle, but those are around, and the correct break open lever is out of stock but should be able to find one soon!
Just finished another build, a rare Olympic Type 1 Reciever with out carry handle cut, on an forged alloy Hampton Lower on the Imbel pattern, with sand cut bolt and short gas tube with shut off gas plug! Function tests perfectly, but haven't taken it to the range to test! Had a custom barrel made by a Small Barrel shop, has R-5 Rifling at 21 inches with the standard 5/8X24 threaded muzzle and a turned down bubba brake! No coatings yet, and may change out the furnature to the pebble grain as I always liked that set up!
1567374760548.png

Nice Para @SubRosa , now you need to do a Tiger Stripe camo build! LOL
Those Rodies are some of the best ever, especially if you do most of the tricks those guys came up with, really makes the FAL shine!

Well, I did do a carbine first...but there aren't many tigers out here to hide with, and this pattern blends well with our creosote & dirt.

SR DSC01663 (2).JPG DSC01678.JPG DSC01667.JPG

Last Edited:
i do like the fal had a few just to dam heavy...

It's possible to shave a few pounds off. The last one I owned started out at about 9 pounds, with Israeli wood furniture & Izzy steel lower receiver. I loved that setup, but got tired of the weight: after swapping to an aluminum DS Arms lower, and synthetic furniture (inc. NZ 8-slot handguards), and maybe aluminum mags, I think it was closer to 7 pounds. I was happy with the result, & remember thinking, "This FAL is lighter than a lot of AR15s I've seen!" Regretably, I no longer own it (one of many firearms my friends have talked me out of ;^)...

When one shoots as much as I do, the weight is your friend. I don't like 'gorilla bites' on my shoulders.

Besides, not humping it thru the desert...that is what the truck is for.

SR

When one shoots as much as I do, the weight is your friend. I don't like 'gorilla bites' on my shoulders.

Besides, not humping it thru the desert...that is what the truck is for.

SR

The first FAL I owned was an Israeli FALO - and you're right, that rifle weighed a ton, but you could shoot it all day long (or until your ammo ran out ;^). Sold that one to the husband of one of my wife's friends. Would think that I would learn NOT to do that!

I took some better pix, in better light. The colors just complement well. I need to do some mage in the mix. This is one good-shooting but light-weight 7.62 NATO FAL.

S u b R o s a

para better.jpg betterpara2.jpg

"No coatings yet, and may change out the furnature to the pebble grain as I always liked that set up! "

Ura-kai, spraying FAL plastic furniture with bedliner goop makes for a very 'grippable' & tough surface. Easy to overpaint in any color you want, too.

SR

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top